Chapter 20 : Insane Dynamic

Chapter 20

October 24th 2011

"You never killed me Kol," Bonnie said, gripping the cup of warm camomille and taking a sip from it, "See the flashback you recalled, the one that convinced you to run to Ada's Store, it was all a lie."

Kol's eyes widened and he simply listened to her soothing words. How could it not be true? He was convinced, no, certain that everything he felt wasn't just another trick of his mind. The other Bonnie, he had felt her, touched her, kissed her. He did not understand. What he knew, was that the Bonnie, the one that was sitting before her, was real and that she might've been telling the truth.

"But how can it be? The sound of the snap was so loud, so overwhelming..."

"That's the thing, the neck that was snapped that day wasn't mine, it was yours."

Kol let his head fall back onto the head of the couch he was sitting on. This nightmare that had followed him for what had seemed like months but were reduced to mere days was now replaced by another. He still did not comprehend.

"But why?"

Bonnie bit in her perfectly shaped bottom lip with her straight white teeth and he eagerly followed the movement with attentive eyes. He just wanted to rip that cup of camomille from her hands, letting it fall and break onto the floor, its hot contents spilling and spreading all across the expensive carpet of the Mikaelson mansion's living room, and kiss her, everywhere, right about now.

But he couldn't let his feelings surge out yet because the truth wasn't completely uncovered.

"You do remember the 'war' that preceded the twist of your own neck, right? The whole throwing-grimoire-kinda-fight that took place because you wouldn't let me do the damn spell for Klaus? Well, that was real."

He sighed, relieved that a part of the bad dream he got accustomed to wasn't totally surreal.

"What you don't know, is that everything after that is false," she confessed, on the verge of tears, "Afraid that you might've turned me into a vampire, I snapped your neck. Then, I put you into a magical coma, and faked to the others that you were bit by a werewolf. No one knew the effect of a werewolf bite on an Original vampire, so I pretended that maybe you'd never wake up again."

"You kept me asleep for two weeks?" insurged Kol, still in disbelief.

Bonnie got up and wiped away a stranded tear that had left her eye and was about to slide down her cheek. He imitated her, standing up too.

"You weren't just sleeping," she explained, "I was living through another self in the dream you were having. The Bonnie you were in love with in that universe was me. Sorta. I was scared you'd wake up and hate me for everything and... I kept you inside of this coma for selfish reasons, because I thought it'd be better this way, but your subconscious started unravelling this crazy scenario with Misfortune fairies and I just had to..."

Kol didn't let her finish. He pressed his lips against hers and savoured the sweet cherry lipbalm that was smeared across them. He really needed that kiss and what followed it.

He didn't care about her blabbering about the motives that pushed her to do what she did. All he wanted was what he craved for. Her.

He pinned her against the wall, firmly grabbing her neck in between his strong fingers. He let his fangs caress the delicate skin of her jaw and neck as she let out a small gasp of apprehension.

"I could hurt you, right about now, sink my teeth into your feeble little flesh and drink the life out of you," he narrated, sliding a hand down her back, "I guess that's how the two of us work. I stab you and you stab me back. I threatened to take away your magic by making you a vampire and you sent me struggling in another dimension in my sleep for a little over two weeks."

He kissed her roughly, his hands now clutching her waist. She breathed loudly as he broke the kiss.

"Well what an insane dynamic we have Miss Bennett."

"What can I say, you like a challenge," Bonnie smirked, arching her back as Kol's hands ventured around her body.

She loudly moaned as he pushed himself as close as possible to her.

"See, Bonnie Bennett, no matter how good they say you are, I know how much of a selfish, sneaky person you can be around me," he whispered into her ear, removing her shirt and leaving her in her lacy black bra and jeans, "I'm the one keeping you sane darling, wether you'll ever admit it or not."

She smiled before gripping the hem of his blouse and took off its buttons one by one, making Kol tremble with impatience.

"And I'm the one you'll never be able to hurt without it hitting your conscience. I'm your only weakness."

"Damn right you are."

He leaned in as she stepped on her tiptoes to plant a passionate kiss onto his lips.

They didn't know a blonde hurricane was coming their way.

"Can I pass through my living room without witnessing my shameless little brother and his girlfriend in the middle of making out?" Rebekah cried out rolling her eyes, "Not even a week after Kol woke up from an intense coma and you're already back at attacking each other's lips. Unbelievable!"

Bonnie tried to snatch her shirt and cover herself with it but Kol's sister countered :

"Don't bother Bennett witch, I'm leaving. It's not like I haven't seen that much flesh of yours in one of your previous make-out session with Kol."

She quickly left and as Bonnie grew embarrassed, Kol sweetly kissed her.

"Probably jealous she's not getting any kisses today," he said before winking in a complice manner.

She laughed, letting him carry her to his bedroom.

Kol grinned, happy that this thing with Ada, Sabrina, the creepy statues, the doppelblood and the overly attached doppelganger, the multiple universes, time travelling, having to seduce Bonnie all over again, the reign of the moon and all of the misfortune was finally done. That it was all just a dream.

But then, he realized something. If it really was just a dream, why did he still arbor scars?

Some stuff were to never be explained.

The end.

≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫
A/N : That's it. That's the end :o

If I one day wind up a storyline, I think I'll do a sequel to it, because I'd love to give you guys a more definite end, but this one leaves it open for a lot of possibilities.

BUT my next story is going to have a clear and precise ending (I'm kind of proud of myself for thinking this through aha). I'm not sure if I wrote this before but my next story will be kind of a mystery-thriller-humor-detective Kennett fanfic! I'm excited to put out this one, because it's really different and I added a new main character and gahhh i can't wait to upload it!

Oh and, I also have a lot of draft stories non-TVD related, so please please tell me if you'd like me to do a story that isn't a fanfic for once ahah, I mean, CHANGE IS GOOD!

Sooooo, as usual, even though it's the last chapter, make sure to vote for it! Love you guys:) ♡