Prolouge

The Novemeber night was freezing, with harsh winds blowing through the fogged and destroyed township of Granitestone. The walls of the houses were all crumbled and cracked. The trees were gray and fallen over into the faded asphalt streets. Bri tripped over a giant gray branch lying in the street. She stared at her hands, still lying on the ground, watching blood drip down from her palms. She stood, bandaging her hand with some cloth, she had grabbed from her house before everything was destroyed. It had been her mom's item of luck. A piece of white cloth, said to clear the sins of whoever held it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Bri thought of her mother a lot. Her brown flowing hair, blue eyes, and her calm voice. All these traits Bri had inherited from her mother, except there was one thing Bri never understood about her mother. It was how she was always able to keep calm in the direst of situtations. Even when Bri's house started to crumble, her mom sat there calmly, just letting it happen. She knew she would die, but she knew she'd rather die in peace than afraid. The bombs hit Bri's house like miniature nukes, programmed to destroy one house at a time.

        Bri was in the basement of her home, hiding under a big plastic shelving unit, holding power tools and sharp objects, potenially more dangerous than the bombs. But for some strange reason, Bri felt protected by the tools as if they were some sort of bodyguard. Her sister hid on the other side of the basement, under another shelving unit, parrallel to Bri's

        When the bombs hit the homes of Granitestone, there were many of them flying down, like heat seeking missiles. But normally only one of them exploded, the rest being duds and rolling to the ground. The first one that hit Bri's house was the on that exploded. It got lodged in the roof and exploded the first and second floor killing her mother and father, who were in the first floor making sure the kids were safely downstairs.

        Eventually the bombing subsided and air settled, so Bri and her sister Margret pulled themselves out of the debris. They stared at the soot covered basement and then at the sky. You could clearly see the sky above them, there was no ceiling or house above them. Margret fell to the ground, bursting out into tears, as she saw the mostly disintegrated bodies of her parents. Bri didn't cry though, she stared in shock, and then started to laugh. Her sister looked at her like she was a monster. Margret then ran off, leaving her Bri behind.

        Bri didn't know what she did. Laughing was her way of controlling her fear and sadness, and Bri couldn't help it. Bri then looked for Margret, for days and weeks before she stopped to rest. But Bri never stopped looking, she searched and searched until eventually she found Margret, just not the way she wanted to. She found Margret, noose around ehr neck, hanging from a tree in the woods.

        Bri was so schoked, she didn't cry or laugh. She just sat there, like her mother would, watching her sister's limp body, swing in the wind. 

=============================================================================

IF ANYONE IS CONFUSED ITS BECAUSE IT SWITCHES TO A FLASHBACK! GIVE FEEDBACK SO I KNOW IF I SHOULD KEEP THIS STORY GOING!