Chapter 20: Bear The Consequence

Prom Night, 

Its been one week, seven days to be exact, since Rohan has last talked to Shanaya. Every single day Shanaya tried to talk to him, apologise to him, but he straight out refused to listen to her. Rhea told Shanaya that Rohan's been extra angry these days, snapping at everyone randomly, starting fights with people for no reason and just overall being a ticking time bomb. 

Shanaya was sitting in front of her mirror putting her earrings on, the once very excited Shanaya, now didn't even have a small smile on her face. 

"There's no point in getting upset now Shanaya, just get over it and enjoy prom tonight".

"I can't enjoy prom without him Rhea".

"Well whose fault is it that, I told you your plan was shit but your stubborn ass didn't listen to me, now bear the consequence of it".

Shanaya couldn't go off at Rhea because she knew she was right, if only she had listened to Rhea, maybe she could have convinced Abhi some other way, but no, her stupid Vampire Diaries obsessed brain just had to get in the way. Rohan was right, real life is not like her TV shows, it doesn't have vampires or werewolves, it just has stupid teenagers trying to get through life. 

"I'm so stupid Rhea".

Rhea gave Shanaya a sympathetic look, she knew without Rohan Shanaya was losing her mind, its only been seven days since she has been away from him and she is this miserable, Rhea doesn't want to imagine how she would be if Rohan leaves her life forever. 

"You are stupid Shanaya can't argue with that, but right now you can't do anything about it, all you can really do is go and enjoy prom, then tomorrow do whatever you can and sort things out with Rohan".

"Why can't I do that now?".

"Because if my calculations are right then in about five seconds Abhi is going to be knocking on that door to take you to prom".

As soon as Rhea finished talking there was a knock on their dorm door, Rhea gave Shanaya a told you so look. Ignoring Rhea's look, Shanaya went and opened the door, only to see Abhi standing on the other side, like expected. 

"Wow".

Looking at Shanaya, Abhi was speechless, she was wearing a black sparkling dress that was paired with silver heels and a silver headband.

"You look really good Shanaya".

"Thanks Abhi, you look good as well".

Abhi was wearing a white suit that had a pink border around it, paired with a white shirt and black pants.

"Thanks, so shall we go now?".

Abhi forwarded his hand for Shanaya to hold but before Shanaya could put her hand in Abhi's, another hand had come forward.

"Can this vampire take you to prom miss?".

Shanaya was speechless, she couldn't believe her eyes, she thought she messed everything up and there was no way Rohan would come to prom with her, but Rohan Nanda always likes to prove Shanaya Singhania wrong, because right now he was in front of her, forwarding his hand for Shanaya to hold on to.

"Oh my God!", without thinking about anyone and anything, Shanaya launched herself at Rohan hugging him tightly, "You came, you actually came, I thought I messed everything up, I'm so sorry please forgive me Rohan".

Rohan hugged Shanaya tightly, "Not going to lie you made me extremely angry nerd, but I know you and I know you would never hurt anyone purposely, and I also know me not coming would upset you and your dumb ass wouldn't enjoy prom properly, so here I am".