🌲Under The Mistletoe - Epilogue 🌲

New Year's Eve

Jaxtyn's POV

Skye and I are sitting in Holden's Pizzeria waiting for our pizza to be delivered. We ordered half meat and the other loaded supreme. A red wine is sitting on the table between us. She takes a sip of her drink. "Where are we going to watch the fireworks tonight, Jaxtyn?"

I point to the roof. "This place overlooks Times Square and has the best spot for us to watch the fireworks and the ball drop. I have a surprise for you later on tonight."

The pizza is placed in front of us and we begin to dig in. I look around the room and wave a guy over that has a guitar in his hand. I request a song and he plays it for us. Skye's face turns red as she listens to the words.

After the song people start clapping and then he goes over to other people that have a request. "You're such a dork."

Ding,

My phone goes off alerting me to a message. Pulling my phone out of my pocket and I look at it.

Joey: We're on our way to the pizzeria. Is your friend meeting us outside?

Me: Yes, he is.

I put the phone back in my pocket.

Skye looks at me. "Who was that?"

"Joey, he's wishing us a Happy New Year. He and your Grandmother are calling it an early night. So, he won't be awake when the time comes."

She doesn't look too happy knowing her family text me more than her. "Excuse me," She stands up and grabs her purse. "I'm going to restroom. I'll be back shortly." Skye walks away from the table and I watch as she pulls her phone from her purse.

Pulling mine out I type Joey a quick message.

Me: Skye's going to call you. She thinks you're going to bed early and she wants to wish you a happy new year.

Joey: Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the entrance of the Pizzeria I see Mariana and Charles. They walk into the restaurant and take a seat at the table close to us. She leans close to me and says. "My brother-in-law wasn't home when we dropped the kids off. It turns out that he left them with his parents so he didn't break his plans with that woman. We talked them into taking our kids as well. They are really pissed off with their son for not giving them the heads up that he was supposed to take ours." She looks around the room before asking. "Where's my niece?"

"Talking to your Grandparents. I told her that they were having an early night after, Joey texted me during dinner."

Charles shakes his head. "It's not nice to lie to her. I've done that with Mariana a number of times and she knows when I'm lying to her now. When I do all hell breaks loose. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens with Skye and you."

Skye walks out of the restroom with a smile on her face. She takes a seat across from me. "Hey, Aunt Mariana. Charles." She turns her attention to me. "You're a big fat liar, Jaxtyn. They told me what's going on."

Damn, it. They were supposed to keep it a secret.

I bang my head on the table. "How were you able to get the information out of them?"

"I'm good at extracting what I want from certain people. My Grandparents, father and Chelsea are all people that won't lie to me, because I know them so well and they have a-tell when they are."

"Told you so." Charles says, butting into our conversation.

Skye leans across the table and looks at him. "What did you tell him about?"

"That the woman in your family can tell when someone is lying to them. Which is why you came up with the excuse of using the bathroom. Mariana is the same with me and when she catches me in a lie I'm in trouble."

She laughs. "We're pretty, smart. Aren't we Aunt Mariana?"

"That's right, Skye."

 Ten minutes, before the fireworks go off I take Skye and our family and friends up to the roof to watch the ball drop and the fireworks

Ten minutes, before the fireworks go off I take Skye and our family and friends up to the roof to watch the ball drop and the fireworks. When I get to the roof I wrap my arms around Skye as it's freezing out.

She leans her body into mine. "I love you, Jaxtyn. Thank you so much for bringing me here. This has been the best vacation I've ever had."

A smile spreads across my face. "Of course it has. All we've been doing is checking out the sights during the day and spending the evening in bed."

She hits my stomach. "We don't have to let everyone know what we've been doing."

Chelsea and Jay-Jay stop next to us. She looks at her best friend and says. "When are we going to see a mini Skye or Jaxtyn running around?"

"If Jaxtyn can have his way it will be very soon. How was your date with Jay-Jay tonight?"

Chelsea looks at him and he eyes begin to sparkle. "It was perfect. We grabbed something to go and then ate at Central Park and after dinner we went ice skating. Jay-Jay fell on his ass a couple of times and I had to help him up."

"That sounds like him."

I tune out what they're talking about and touch my pocket, making sure the box is still there. Looking around the people of the roof I have blessed to have them all in my life and that they are going to be part of this moment with Skye and I.

Before Skye and I left for the vacation I asked them for permission to marry, Skye and they said 'yes,' I had their blessing from the beginning, but I also wanted them to know that I was going to propose on this night. Which is why I gathered everyone.

These are the most important people in our lives and what better way for me to ask her then having those closest to us witness it.

I look up and see that it's one minute to midnight. Clearing my throat I gain the attention of everyone. Chelsea pulls her phone out, just as I begin my speech. "Skye, I know we're moving at a fast pace, but what's knew when it comes to you and I. We both have been in love with each for a long time. Due to circumstances out of our control we weren't allowed to be happy. When I found you a couple weeks ago my feelings were still there for you and they were ten-fold."

"Ten,"

"Nine,"

"Eight,"

"Seven,"

"Six,"

"Five,"

"Four,"

"Three,"

Pulling the box out of my pocket I kneel on my knee. Showing her the ring.

"Two,"

She covers her mouth and watches me as I'm about to ask her to be my wife.

"One,"

"Will you marry me, Skye?"

"Happy New Year," everyone shouts.

"Yes, Jaxtyn. I'll marry you." she helps me up and kisses me. While we're kissing I place the ring on her finger. "I can't wait to have an ever after with you."