Chapter I

This is based off of after the ending of COD:Ghosts. Spoilers will be in this so if you haven't played the game nor watched the cutscenes, please take a moment to read up or watch the story and come back when you're done.
_
Other wise, grab some snacks and enjoy reading!
___

"Merrick, you ready?" Juniper spoke.

"Whenever you are. Kicks?" Merrick spoke.

"Yup, Keegan you got everything?" Kicks asked.

"Lock and loaded." Keegan spoke.

The "Ghost-Gang" was about to get Hesh from the beach, and everybody was geared up just in case.
Merrick and Juniper were in the front as the others were in the back.
As they got to the dunes they saw Hesh but no sign of Logan. "Hesh!" Juniper whispered in worry and happiness. Merrick looked over at Junpier and whispered.
"We should still make sure no men of Rorke get to us." she looked over at Merrick and nodded.
"True" she whispered back.
"Keegan, check the dunes a bit. Make sure only us and Hesh are here.. We've gotta get Hesh and find Logan" Juniper spoke quietly.
"Roger that." Keegan whispered before crawling into the beachgrass.
Kicks went with Keegan to also make sure, and Juniper was hiding in the
beachgrass, keeping an eye on Hesh.
Merrick stayed with her and she noticed this. "Why don't you go with the others too Merrick?"
She asked raising a brow. "I don't want what happened last time happening again, seeing you tied up and suffering from that leg injury you had make me feel awful" Merrick spoke.
"I just wanna keep an eye on you. Okay?" Merrick said and Juniper blushed a little.
Afterall she did have a soft spot for him. "Well.. Okay, thank you." Juniper spoke with a little smile. "My pleasure Junie" Merrick nicknamed her, making her giggle softly. They smiled at each other and Kicks and Keegan came back.
"Ooh, what did we miss?" Keegan joked.
"Ah, nothing" Juniper said and giggled a bit.
Then getting serious again and asking "Whats the enemy status?"
"Well, there were 0 tangos on the dunes so we're good to go" Kicks spoke.
"Alright, everybody get to the shore, but stay low.. Tangos could still be around" Juniper spoke.
"Copy that," Keegan and Kicks said. "Roger" Merrick spoke. The ghost gang began to make their way to Hesh as they split up in 2 groups.
Keegan was with kick and Merrick was with Juniper.
Merrick couldn't help but have an eye on Juniper a couple of times. Juniper caught this and blushed a bit. Whispering as they continued.
"Y'know you really don't need to-"
Juniper was cut off by the look of Merrick's face and he spoke.
"Juniper... I'll do whatever it takes to prevent anyone to put your hands on you, especially from that goddamn Rorke."
Merrick said in a protective tone. He really did care about her and wanted to keep her safe from harm's way.
"Rorke is gonna pay for this... I think he captured Logan.." Juniper made the assumption.
"I think so too.. It just seems off on how Logan could disappear like that.." Merrick agreed with her.
They both continued to make their way to Hesh and finally got to him. Juniper ran to Hesh and saw him sitting upon the rock.
Juniper grabbed hesh and shook him.
"Hesh!! Wake up!!"
She yelled at him in a worried tone.
Hesh began to slowly open his eyes, groaning. "Ugh.. Sis?" Hesh said in a dry tone.
Juniper grinned and hugged him gently. "Brother, oh god i thought i lost you.."
Hesh smiled. Hugging her back as a chuckle escaped his lips. "I'm not going anywhere"
Juniper pulled back from the hug and Merrick spoke. "We've gotta get back to the camp, so we can patch up your wounds and let you heal up." Merrick said to Hesh.
Juniper looked up at Merrick. "Yeah, lets just hope we can get Logan on time before Rorke turns him rouge." she said.
Juniper picked Hesh up. And putted his arm on her shoulder.
"Thanks" Hesh spoke.
"No problem man" Juniper said.
"Alright we've gotta get going." Keegan spoke. Walking out of the beachgrass.
"Yeah, we can't have Hesh bleeding out." Kick added.
The Ghost-Gang grouped up and began to leave the beach. Heading back to the base camps.

[To Be Continued]