Chapter II

The ghost-gang got back to the base. Taking Hesh in one of the Military Hospital tents and place him on the hospital bed. One of the medics came over.
"You guys can wait for Hesh outside, we've got everything under control"
The medic spoke.
Juniper had a worried look on her face but nodded and spoke. "Okay"
The ghost gang then left the tent and waited outside.
Keegan was talking to Kick about hot woman and guy stuff.
Juniper sat down on the ground and leaned on the giant rock behind her. She then took out a picture of her family. Her brothers, her dad, her mother, and herself. When they were all young.
Merick noticed her and walked over beside her, sitting next to her and looking at the photo.
Juniper noticed and looked over at him.
"This is my family.. When me and my brothers mother didn't pass away.. I have this photo to remind myself that i have people to fight for.. Now.. Its just for my brothers.. And my friends.. And.. Well everyone.." Juniper explained.
Merrick listened to every word she said. "Ive lost many myself.. Its hard sometimes but besides my family and friends, i have somebody to fight for.."
Juniper raised a brow, asking. "Who?"
Merrick turned himself to her and answered. "You.." he spoke with no regret.
Juniper blushes, not exactly knowing what to say. "T-Thomas i.. I didnt know you.. I mean.. Thank you.." i spoke. Smiling.
"Its no problem, M'lady"  Merrick replied jokingly as he chuckled a bit.
Juniper laughed a bit. It got quiet for a second until she spoke. "Y'know.. Ive never met any guy like you Thomas.."
Merrick blushes and smiled calmly. "Im glad to hear that"
They began to instinctively lean closer to eachother, their eyes becoming lidded as they looked into eachothers eyes. Their lips almost meeting until-
"Alright everybody, Hesh is gonna be okay. He just suffered from a minor chest wound." the medic spoke.
Juniper and Merrick looked at the medic, they then got up.
Juniper fake coughed a bit. "Wow thats great!"
"Y-yeah heheh!" Merrick added.
Keegan and Kick watched them the whole time, a smirk forming on both of their faces.
"Well lets go see him!" Juniper said. Trying to change the subject.
"Sounds like a good idea" Merrick spoke.
"Well.. Alright" Keegan said. His smirk faded into a knowing smile.
"Yeah!" Kick spoke. Easily caught off guard from the romantic situation Merrick and Juniper were about to be in.
The Ghost-Gang then walked in the tent. The medic also walking over to Hesh.
Hesh was shirtless as bandage wrap was on his chest. He noticed the gang and smiled. Looking healthy and hydrated.
"Hey Hesh! You doing alright bro?" Juniper asked.
"Yeah, just took a lot of pain killers and some alcohol. The injury still stings a bit but its all good and stitched up." Hesh spoke.
"Well at least you're not dead, now we can all go and save Logan!-" Keegan spoke before being cutted off by one of the medics.
"Well unfortunately, Hesh has to stay here for a couple of weeks"
"A couple of weeks?! What the hell is wrong he just said he was fine!" Juniper spoke. Confused of the situation.
"We don't want to have him wounded and not being able to fight, we still need to repair his internal organs and ribcage."
Juniper sighed, rubbing her forehead in frustration. "Well guys, i guess we go get Logan without Hesh, and i wanted Hesh to be safe anyways"
"Im sorry about this sis.." Hesh said with a frown.
"Hey.. Don't worry about it.. I've got this.." Juniper said in a calm soft tone.
Eveybody said their goodbyes and when it was Junipers turn she gently hugged him. "I promise i'll bring our brother back." Juniper said with faith. "Okay.." Hesh said with a smile and had hope in his tone.
Juniper letted go and everyone walked out.
"So captain, whats the plan?"

[To be Continued]