Chapter 1

We just got out of school and we went straight home. My dad was very strict and didn't like us going anywhere. My sisters and i lived right down the road from the Frontenac schools. My sister Andy was friends with the girl next door so she usually walked with us. My sister and her were talking about going to a baseball game that night. She said we would be there without asking our parents first. We made plans to clean the house and do our homework as soon as we got home. 

My dad usually got home around 5. My mom was home tonight as well. We were so excited. We thought they were going to say yes so they have their "alone time" together. Boy, we were wrong. They got into an argument before dinner and we asked right after. The answer was no. Of course my sister already told her friends that we were going.

My sister came up with this plan to sneak out. We all agreed. We went to bed "early" that night. Of course our parents didn't care at the time or noticed. About 7-8 o'clock on a Friday night, we snuck out our bedroom window. We walked to the baseball field and had a good time. We all hung out with Andy and her friends. My little sister and i were pretty excited because this is the first time we did anything like this. I started getting worried/scared the later it got. I tried convincing my sister that we should leave early. They ignored me and said i was just paranoid.

Around 11 o'clock we started heading home. We snuck back in through the window thinking our parents were asleep. We were wrong. My dad was waiting for us. My mom usually stayed in their room when he did this.  He beat us so bad that we had marks all over our bodies from him. He just swung the belt with all his strength. He also kicked us with his steel toe boots when we hit the ground. This was the worst "spanking" we got. Usually, it was just his boots or his hands/fists.

Once he left the room my sisters and i just sat there and cried for a good minute. When we finally calmed down and went to the restroom, we realized we were hungry. We made sure my dad and mom were in their rooms and went to the kitchen. We started making quesadillas. That was really the only thing we knew how to make. Andy went back the bathroom to look at her marks. Nessa and i stayed in the kitchen. 

I was so angry. I was thinking and i turned to Nessa and asked her if she could keep a secret. She said yes. I told her about what our dad did to me at night. How he would go into our room at night and touch me. He would even stick it in me. He's been doing this to me since i was six from what i remember. 

 I was crying again at this point. I asked her to help me. She just stood there shocked. Then i started panicking. I was begging her to not tell anyone. Once Andy came back, i ran to the bathroom trying to calm down. I was calling myself stupid and other names to myself in the mirror. I finally calmed down and went back out. 

Nessa told Andy. She threw me in the corner and asked if i was telling the truth. I was speechless. I was staring at Nessa for help. She started telling me that i needed to tell Andy the truth. I just nodded. Andy we straight into my parents room and quietly woke up my mom. I ran right back to the bathroom since it was the only room that i had access to  with a lock. I remember them mumbling on the other side of the door.I was sitting on the toilet, crying into my hands. My mom unlocked the door and asked me if i was telling the truth, begging me, asking if i was just mad or if i'm lying. Andy was right behind her, telling me to tell her what i said. Finally i just looked up and nodded.