I KNOW YOU

“Hey, Nerdy. I forgot to ask your name.”

I’m about to ride on my bicycle when I heard Win talked. I still don’t know if I’m going to let him talk to me like that. I wanted to, but it wouldn’t be fair to my classmates who have consistently tried to get close to me to no avail. Although the first time they approached me, they thought I was smart. When they learned I do not justify how I look, they did not approach me again- and I’m not complaining.

I pretended like I didn’t notice him and I hopped on my bike when he stood in front of me. He put both of his hands on the handle of my bike so I just stood there staring at him. He showed off his bright white teeth on a full smile. I sighed before quietly saying my name, “Team”.

“Lovely name Team. I’m-“

“-Win.”

“Hey! You know me already?”

“Y-you’re my classmate.” I said trying to keep composure. I don’t know if its unusual for someone to memorize names from someone in your class. Especially if he looks like an anime character.

“Oh my gosh, you know me. I’m so happy.” He went nearer as if he’s trying to hug me but I took the chance to get away from him. I rode on my bicycle and did not say goodbye. I looked back and saw Win still looking at me.

I turned my focus on the road and left out a big sigh. I can’t explain what I’m feeling but I’m sure I’ll never be able to concentrate too much on anime on the following days.