3.2 | 自業自得

°•ิ.•ஐஇPart 2இஐ•.•ิ°

Atsushi had treated him tea over rice for lunch. During the whole process, Q would ask questions that would make a normal human squirm, but to no one's surprise, Atsushi answered all of them with earnest.

"Mama, why shouldn't you put a body in a meat grinder?" Q asked.

"Because it's messy and burning will assure you that you won't get caught," Atsushi answered. He then frowned at him "and stop calling me 'mama'."

"Okay, papa."

"No, you don't get the point –"

It was fun to mess with this man. He was merciful during their meal, only asking socially acceptable questions such as what they were going to have for dinner tonight, where they should go next and why was the sky blue.

Atsushi was poetic with the last one. This man had a way with words. So he wasn't wrong when he called Atsushi 'mama'. He sure had the qualifications to be one.

("Mama, why did you decide to stay?"

"What, did you want me to leave?" Atsushi responded, playfully. "You'll cry again, and I'll have no choice."

"Is that really why?" Q asked.

"It's instinct," Atsushi answered. He raised a cup to his lips, one where Q noticed that was added four sugar cubes.

"Q-san, the mind may err but never the blood.")

Atsushi was walking with him again, hand in hand. He didn't know why he was doing this, nor did he decided to stick around longer. The 'he' in this context applied to both of them. Ats– no, he should call him mama now, shouldn't he? Mama was following his instinct while Q was there for fun. But everything had a limit to it.

There should be a limit to how much mama tolerated him, and there should be a limit on how much time Q had left. By now, no doubt about it, they should realise that he was gone from his station. Mafia agents should run around the city looking for him.

Q glanced at mama. And what would happen to him? What would happen to mama once the mafia agents took notice? They wouldn't let mama go off so quickly just because. Even when this man didn't cause any trouble, mama had taken note of his name and existence. Mama was involved.

Huh. It made sense why the mafia taught him never to have attachments on anything nor anyone. This was sad. He felt upset. This gentle man was going to get himself killed because of his goddamn instinct to be involved with a child who was an agent of the ruthless Port Mafia.

Nakajima Atsushi's biggest weakness was his kindness. Nakajima? No, he mentioned a different name in the station just now. His last name was... Akutagawa? Where did he hear that last name before?

"Are you blind?!" It was a man whose biceps were the size of – whatever. They were large. If they chopped those biceps and feed it to the dogs, they would be full for a whole week.

Q saw it. Mama was walking down the path with him as usual. It wasn't anyone's fault that this man was too largely disproportionate to walk on a road without bumping into another.

"My bad," mama apologized.

"You hit me, and that's all you had to say?!" The man grabbed mama by the shirt. "Don't you know who I am?!"

Mama was lifted a few centimetres from the ground and let Q's hand go. Mama was, surprisingly, very calm.

"Unfortunately, I don't sir, you seem very unforgettable," was mama's reply.