Kyoto Academy

Ӎ.Ḛ .Қ.Қ.Ӓ

Ughh... he was bored as he’d ever been.  He’d had gotten very sick the year before last and he missed school during that time. He thought that he’d be happy but instead he just couldn’t wait for the school year to end.

“G,” he teacher called, “Listen when I’m talking to you. Stay after school,” he ordered.

“But I was listening,” he protested. “The answer is 6 and 1/3,” I told him.

He looked baffled at his answer, it was right of course. This had been going on since school started a month ago. When he was sick he couldn’t really do much¸ so G forced himself to exercise both his body and mind. This made school even more uninteresting. He had to admit that he was glad for the extra boost though.

The rest of the day was same sadly; he had to put up with the idiotic teachers in every class. Around 6th period G just went home, knowing that he would get in trouble. True enough his mom was waiting by the time he finally got to the house. 

“What are you doing here?” she asked. “School isn’t over for another few hours,” she informed him.

“Well aren’t you supposed to be at work?” G asked trying to dodge to question.

“I’m on my lunch break and don’t try to change the subject young man,” she chided.

“I told you Ma, that school has nothing to offer me. I already know all that crap,” he explained. G’s mom didn’t want him be some poor uneducated black man and fit a stereotype or something.

“Please G, I know that you feel that way but school is very important and you know that I can’t afford to send you somewhere else,” she said with a sigh.

“Are you sure Mama, this school sucks,” he wined as he got some orange juice.

“I’ll make you a deal,” she said preparing to leave. “If you can find a good school then I’ll move you,” she told him.

“Now please try to go to school tomorrow,” she said kissing him goodbye.

This was not the answer G wanted, they’d had this deal for a few years but there was never a good enough school. At least not one that they could afford anyway, he’d have to endure another year of mediocrity. He decided to call Dre. Dre was G’s best friend but he didn’t live in the same city as him. Well he did until his mom got a better job and he moved to Palm Springs, G lived in Pensacola.

“Aye man,” he said, “What’s up?”

G heard some screaming and a bunch of yelling as always. His family was huge; he had five brothers and sisters. Dre was the youngest.

“Sorry dude, my sister brought her new boyfriend to dinner again,” he said and G could tell that he was rolling his eyes. His sister was kind of insane and she always hung with the craziest people that I’ve ever met. 

“How have you been man?” he asked, Dre was with him almost every day when he was sick.

“Good I guess I’m just bored man. Nothing seems to interest me anymore.  I’ve tried man but school jus sucks,” he explained.

“Well I feel you man, but hey I’ve got some good news!” he exclaimed.

“What?” G asked excitedly.

“I’m moving closer to Pensacola,” he told me. G wasn’t prepared for him to say that.

“You mean to visit or…,” he asked.

“No for real man I’m staying in the country though,” he said kind of sadly. The only reason that Dre’s mom had moved was because she had gotten an amazing job. Also anywhere was better than Pensacola to raise a family.

“How come you guys are coming back?” G asked.

“Well it’s actually just me,” he said uneasily.

“Really, your mom is so… your mom dude,” he said. Dre’s mom was extremely overprotective. The thought of her sending him away made almost no sense.

“I got accepted to some military school. It’s like really cool and we stay there for a whole year! We learn things like combat training, sky diving, and cryptozoology. It seems amazing… and they are looking for new students G,” he informed him. They talked for almost an hour after that but if you ask him what they said he couldn’t tell you. G was too mesmerized by the thought of this new school.

He went to the computer as soon as he could to look at the school. He didn’t find anything about it at all. G sat back and sighed. This meant another 2 years of this crap. I just thought about something, you have no idea who he was. I mean you’ll read about him some day but for right now I guess I have to tell you.

His name is a secret, Kyoto doesn’t allow real names, but you can call him G. You can also call him Angel and a few other names, but for now just call him G. G lives in Pensacola, Florida with his mom and  14 year old little sister. He’s in the 10th grade and  16, I wish I could tell you what school that he goes to but it would give away too much information. He’s dark-skinned and about 6ft 1.

His eyes and hair are black and he was 168 pounds last time he checked. He’s a carefree guy but he always seemed to end up taking leadership. To tell you the truth he hates it but people say that he should be happy to be a “natural born leader”. He usually likes his hair out and wild, which means that he has a killer afro. His mom calls it an “atrocity” and to tell you the truth I think that she’s right.

He hadn’t had a haircut in about a year. He decided to pull his hair into a ponytail. 

Dre was his physical opposite, he’s about 5ft 6 and he weighs maybe 145 lbs. He’s light-skinned with braids and he’s a very heavy thinker. He has green eyes and light brown hair, he’s 16 like G.  Dre is very good at planning and they are dangerous when together. He’s also a great cook, which was one of the reasons that G’s mom loved him so much. When she had to work late he would spend the night and cook for them, he loved it.

“G I’m home,” G heard his sister yell. I can’t tell you her name so let’s just call her Sissy.  Sissy walked into the living room “Where’s mom?”

“She’s at work stupid. Her shift ends at 8,” G told her.

“I’ll cook some spaghetti then,” she said.

“Do your homework first,” G ordered.

She rolled her eyes “I will Dad,” she replied sarcastically.

G cringed at the mention of the word.  His dad was killed by a bear when he was little. It was during a camping trip and although he didn’t remember the trip G was the one who found his body. The bear had mauled him pretty bad. Sissy was only 2 years old so she didn’t really remember him. She saw the look on his face and she got an embarrassed look on her face and said “Sorry, I didn’t mean to-,”

“It’s okay,” G assured her, “I’m going to my room,” he said quickly.

When he dad was alive he had built a club house in the woods behind the house. When he got into middle school G put a bed in there, and then later put in a TV, a couch, and a small fridge in the club house. It was really just an old metal shed but he’d made it into his own little house. G opened the fridge and grabbed a soda, and then flopped down onto the twin sized bed. he opened the soda and turned on the TV, nothing was on so he decided to take a nap.