Nine

Stanley's Pov:

I sat on my bed waiting anxiously for my mom to come in and tell me if I had to go to the courtroom later that day. They had filed for divorce and now they were going to court for custody of me.

"Stanley? Listen, technically you don't have to go, but you probably should so you can tell the judge who you want to stay with." said my mom entering my room and sitting on my bed.

"I already told you, I want to stay with dad."

"I know that all of your friends are here, but think of how much fun it'll be if you move to a better city and a better state with way less kids disappearing every other day?" 

"Yes, mom, it would be nice. Except I wouldn't make new friends and I wouldn't go outside, and I'd be bored the whole time because the friends I will do my best not to lose are here. And Bill is a whole different story..."

"Stanley, you can stay here instead of going to COURT. But if I win custody of you, we are both moving to Michigan." she says exiting the room.

"You might as well just move me to mars!" I yelled as I heard the cars pull out of the driveway.

~(Time skip five hours)~

I heard their cars pull in the driveway and their doors opening and closing. Soon my mom and dad walked in, my mom with a refreshed look on her face, my dad with puffy red eyes.

============

Bill's Pov: (this is 2 days after the court thing)

"WHAT!" I screamed. 

"Please don't make this any harder than it has to be, you and Ed's and Rich are the last people I have to say bye to." Stan said.

Stan began crying which caused me to begin crying. 

"Bye Ed's. Bye Rich." Stan said looking at them while they stood behind me in each others arms.

He looked at me and reached out for a hug. 

"I don't want you to move to Michigan." I cried. 

"I don't want to move," he said hugging me tightly. "I have to."

"Just wait here for a minute." I said walking over to the kitchen where my dad sat drinking coffee as if it was before work.

"Dad, Stanley's mom is making him move to Michigan. Is there any way we can fit him in our house?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry Bill, but with Richie and Eddie, we just don't have the space, and he is not sleeping in your room." he responded.

"What about the couch?" I cried more, getting angry.

"No, Bill, he needs a proper place to stay and he'll have that with his mom in Michigan." he replied.

"I always knew." I said angrily.

"Knew what?" my dad asked.

"I always knew you hated the fact that I am gay. I always knew that you didn't like me and Stanley together. But I never thought you'd make sure we'd get pushed apart! I thought you had learned you couldn't change how I felt!" I screamed.

"It's not that Bill! I want Stanley well cared for. He needs a house that has a bed and room for him! Okay? He is going with his mom and even if you try, you can't make everything in your life better because you ask for some help!"

I stormed out of the kitchen and back to the front door where Stanley stood. 

"Are you ready Stanley?!" I heard his mom call.

"Goodbye Bill." he said leaning in for a kiss.

I kissed him back and said, "I hate goodbyes."