"Paradox"

Tay

Fame got its ways in ruining people. Though not entirely direct, but somehow it just something that can literally turned the world upside down for someone.

We all know that New dated someone. Including me.

I know how miserable it sounded, like how people linked me up to the whole idea of 'TayNew' should be real, and I am the alleged the 'hurting' party. I am not. I know better that I should not be the one in between of New and his happiness.

But somehow, people think what they think is what should be the 'should be'. I'm different than New. I don't get the idea of chasing 'possibilities' and the pressure is on him. I mean, look at him, moreover, coming from a Chinese background, I think we all can pretty much conclude the idea already. And to that, whenever New was rumored to be dating anyone, I just let it be.

Not because that I don't care. It just that, dating someone else took nothing from us. Us still us, me still me and New still New. Nothing changed.

The late night talks, the lunches and suppers, travels.... the hugs.

But I got his whole point of getting angry because the fans attacking her on the internet. And of course, New is being blamed for it. It's not like it will do any good as New can't control the audacity of his fans, and New was not the one to blame to begin with.

Everyone involved by force.

And I get the idea of less public appearance, of us. Instagram updates and all that teasing.

Apparently, those things are damaging. Dangerous. Provoking. Even to the point that New broke up. Though he insisted that he broke up from nothing. It was just a process.
Engineers really are crazy. 🤣

I told him to be alert, of things to say, of things to show. Not because he did wrong, but because sometimes, when we did nothing even, we got turned into a scapegoat.

Life just functions that way. Moreover when you are a public figure, they think they own you.

My phone suddenly vibrates and I know no one else would call me at this time.

"Why are you not asleep?"

"Can't.", he answers. I guess he must be really tired. Sounded like one.

"You sounded tired though.", I reminds him. "What are you doing not yet sleeping?"

"Was playing Tsum Tsum.", eiiii that wretched game. I swear by Buddha's name I'll delete that game someday! "What are you doing?", he interjected between my thoughts. Of Tsum Tsum and him being separated, and Newwie and Tay in peace. I finally be unrivaled. Muahahahaha!

"Nothing.", practically hiding my thoughts before my mouth slips.

The phone call, later turns into a video call of which at times I found irrelevant. As we both live in the same floor, bought nearest unit to one another. His master degree in engineering proven that he is not that relevant.

But to which, the kind of irrelevance I don't mind at all. We rarely see each other as he requested. Not that we are bored of each other, but somehow people tend to be so harsh, by including 'us' into their reasoning of misdeeds.

I know, New is blaming himself for the harrasment done to that girl, who allegedly dating him. Despite all what said and done, people still think that New is with someone else. Rather than me.

Well, not entirely their fault. Like come on, we're not like exclusively dating anyway. And I don't think that is important.

"What are you thinking?", damn he's sharp as always.

"Just, -are you okay? I can't tell.", no point of being shady with him anyway. He smiles. That's New. Always. Regardless of how I respond to thing, he would always smile.

I guess, my prayers are answered, manifesting in the form of Newwie Thitipoom. I always asked for something that going to help me go through the day. And his smile, just that. Suffice.

"I know it's hard, for me too. But let just get over it. Till it all subsides. It's not fair for her.", I guess this is why he is made to be Kao. He is as annoyingly kind as Kao.

"I know. But, the burden is not yours alone to carry okay?", I don't even dare to look at the screen of my phone. Staring at the wall instead, one hand scratching my head.

"A a a, don't think too much naa~ I'm okay khab~", there, the ever annoying cute voice and his annoying face, and his annoying teasing. But which I love, each and every single one of it.

"Pffft, yeah yeah. Whatever.", I reply simply staring at my phone screen. Damn I wouldn't miss the chance to see him doing that face.

I love every bit of the 43 muscles of his face.

"Can I come over?", he asks. After seconds of silence.

"Whatever! Just make sure you bring along your blanket. I'm not sharing mine."

   ______________________________________________________

   The messy room of gifts and what not, muffled Bangkok due to the thick concrete walls, lightened up by the hushed chuckles and laughters, of two people on a bed, one sitting and another casually lies unto the other, arms as pillow.

Eyes onto the squared handheld technology, showing funny videos to both. Alienated from the world that can be the very thousands that caused them misery. Of guilt not of their making, of kind heart, and another just being there for another.

As they doze off slowly, heads close to each other, sharing a pillow despite the different thick wool covering them, hushed "I love you"s and hair patting.

They drifted to different setting of dreams; but not without one another.

_________

Author's note:

Damnnnnnnn I'm so sorry to not been able to write for a long time. Majorly due to my creativity died along the way of being too immersed in chasing worldly possession.

Trust me, the real world is cruel and it will kill every bit of you if you dont be careful.

This chapter; I just want to remind people on how their acts can contribute to many hurting. So we all should be kind instead. Because truthfully, we never know the realest reality to everything. Especially about them.

Nonetheless, enjoy people. Keep the comment coming. I think I did good justification here.

Love!