Prologue

Two dragons sat on the entrance of a cave, which was a cliff that lead downward into an unknown darkness. Their wings were an eerie purple, caused by the moonlight reflecting off purple crystals that were embedded inside the cave. The smallest dragon spoke first.

          "Mother, *ahem* Queen Blair", she began "Why are we letting that Sunwing live, don't you remember the prophecy?"

          Blair did not face her daughter and continued to stare blankly at the moon.

          "Remember your classes in history, Stella?" the queen retorted. Stella tilted her head in confusion, and Blair continued.

          "That prophecy was made by the Nightwings, who used to live in volcanoes and then the forests. We have changed now, and all the old prophesies and stories mean nothing to us."
          A small smile appeared on Blair's face, as she announced! "For we are the Nightwings of the mountains!"

          "I don't understand what you mean mother". growled Stella. Blair then turned to her daughter.

          Despite Stella's constant arguments, the queen was surprisingly calm.

          "As far as we know, Athebea is absolutely harmless." Answered Blair, then she let a little snicker. "We don't even know that she is a Sunwing or not". Stella snorted angrily and glared at the cave's floor as the queen continued.

          "Ever since I became queen, I wanted Nightwings to return to their secret state".

          "But isn't that cowardly?" interrupted Stella.

          "Nothing is cowardly if I want to protect the things that are important to me". Stella didn't seem to get the statement and continued to glare at the ground.

          "Stella, you need to get over this". Whispered Blair, "And understand that I have everything under control-"

          Stella didn't let her mother finish, she had enough of this peacefulness and began to walk away. Everything is under control huh? Stella smirked.

"That's what you think mother" she muttered.

Authors Notes:
Hello and thank you for continuing to the next book. If you haven't read the first book, I highly recommend starting with the it, or things will be hard to understand.
Thanks for the support!
✨🦊✨