Chapter 3

CRASH!

Another shelf had met its sad fate on the floor, as Athebea attempted to rearrange the whole room hoping that her friends would turn up somewhere. Where are they! Peacock! Darkshadow! Her golden eyes brimming with tears she tried to hold back.

"DARKSHADOW! PEACOCK!" she roared. She was about to destroy another priceless work of art, until something yanked her back. Tetra hauled Athebea, who was a wild mess of tears by now, to the doorway. Could the two dragons Tetra spoke about were coincidently another pair, which had a Nightwing and Rainwing? Where her friends lost in the sea still searching for her?

She let out another loud whine and crumbled to the floor, but Tetra sat her up.

"I don't understand!", said the Seawing still wondering if she should feel sorry for Athebea or the other dragons, who worked so hard to put the now destroyed room together. "Her majesty did say that there were some residents here."

"What...WHAT DO YOU MEAN" Athebea. She was still in a pathetic state, but she was worried now, especially since the guard herself was confused, and she wasn't trying to hide the confusion either.

"M-Maybe they're taking a look around the castle" stammered Tetra. "I mean, who would want to stay in a boring room anyway. The Seawing kingdom is proud for its endless wonders."

Athebea just looked at her, unconvinced at the guard's attempt for a cover up. Tetra seemed to struggle to believe her own statement and continued on.

"I'll help you look for them. I kinda know all of the cool places around here, and we can start from there"

Out of any better options, Athebea nodded and followed Tetra out of the room. It could be a possibility that they would like the explore, Peacock had a personality of not wanted to sit still, and Darkshadow would probably want to see all the historical sites. She laughed to herself at the thought. Her friends would leave her for something like that.

         Suddenly, at the entrance, a blue blur zipped from who-knows-where, right in front of them! Both dragons jumped back from the attack, to see the familiar little Seawing from before.

       "Your majesty! Minnow!!" barked Tetra, still shaken. "Shouldn't you be in the castle at Aquatic lessons."

          Athebea stared at Minnow, she definitely the same bratty Seawing from the stares. Ray was probably in a lot of trouble by now. Minnow glared indignantly at Tetra.

         "I don't want to at the moment." She then motioned a talon toward Athebea. "I'm here to talk to her."

        "Me?!" stammered Athebea. Minnow nodded.

         "What business do you have with her?" demanded Tetra. "If I may, Athebea and I are looking for someone right-"

         "Her little handful of friends?"

          "How did you know?" Yelled Tetra and Athebea simultaneously. The princess gave them the "shh" gesture with her talons, looking both ways as if an intruder was listening in.

           "Not so loud. I'm on the run you see." She hissed. Athebea nodded, but Tetra was still trying to not snap at her own princess. Minnow seemed notice and pointed at the Seawing guard.

           "You, leave!"

         Tetra stared, shocked at the princess.

        " W-why, I was trying to help her." Stammered Tetra.

       "Your help isn't enough, you see. Now leave this is an order."

        Tetra looked at Athebea, defeated. Athebea blinked at her with a look of confusion on her face as the guard trudged passed her. She then looked at Minnow, as if saying "what now?".

        "You're looking for your friends, am I right?" asked the princess her gaze not moving from Athebea, who nodded.

        The princess scoffed.

         "I don't speak in nods, blinks, signs, noises, burbles, or the oh-so-famous "uuuuuuum". Now pleeeaaase don't make this take longer than it must and respond."

          Athebea blinked again, surprised at the princess tone, and managed to say,

         "Y-you're right, I am looking for them. Why do you need to know?"

          Princess smiled as if waiting for the question.

         "I know where they are."

           Forgetting that the princess was an actual princess, and not a random dragon, Athebea leaped toward her in relief and surprise.

          "Where are they, tell me please!" A painful smack on the talon was Athebea's response.

         "Don't you know who you are talking to?" the princess fired, "And I don't just know where they are. I have them."

       Athebea stared at her horrified, yet still excited. This was her chance!

        "I-if you have them...then you could show them to me."

       The princess' smiled grew wider.
Authors Note
Sorry about the long wait, it's probably going to be this way for a bit, but I'll update whenever I can.