Chapter 2 So what's wrong with me

Walking up to the door a shiver of nerves fell over Ella but she was trying not to worry, she stopped at the handle and looked at the name card on the door,"Dr Mary Adams" she wispered to herself. Ella opened the door and saw in front of her Dr Adams sitting at her desk reading a file, she was tall, thin had a short black bob, big green eyes which appeared even bigger because of her glasses. Ella went in and sat down, Adams hadn't even acknowledged her presence yet. It was silent, awkward, Ella didn't know what to say and all you could hear was the ticking on the clock behind her.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock."

It felt like she had been sitting there for hours when the doctor looked up and said," I assume you've been taking your medicine." She looked Ella dead in the eye with an intense stare.

"Emm..yes,I'll get you the bottle." Ella stuttered looking through her bag for the pill bottle.

"You sure? You sound nervous" laughed Adams.

Ella found the bottle and put it on the desk, Adams put the file down and Ella could see she wore a black leather dress with a black blazer on top. She thought it was a strange thing for a doctor to wear, most of the doctors she seen on shows like Greys Anatomy always wore long white coats and blue trousers and shirts. Adams put the file in a drawer behind her and took out a file which read E.Barnes on it. The shiver of nerves fell across Ella again, she didn't know what was in the file for all she knew it could have been pictures of her while she slept or pictures of her as a kid. "You still don't smoke right?" Adams said taking the pill bottle off the table and putting it in the bin behind her.

"No, I've never smoked" Ella replied quickly.

"Very good" Adams answered while flashing a quick smile, the kind that makes you nervous then she sat back down. It was silent again Adams had picked up Ella's file and started reading it leaving Ella only able to see her eyes and hair. They were quickly scanning the pages, Ella wasn't sure if she was reading them at all she was going so fast.

That's when Ella plucked up the courage to say," So um..do you know what's wrong with me? I mean this is the fifth time I've been here you must know by now, all I came in for was a checkup and.."

Adams stopped reading the file, closed it and put it down on the table and said," You know that man who was in here before you?" Ella didn't answer but only nodded her head. "He's got the same thing as you, Asherson's syndrome it's an extremely rare autoimmune disorder that is slowly shutting down your orga-" Adams didn't even get to finish the sentence before Ella blurted," Am I going to die?" Ella's eyes were filled with tears and she knew she couldn't hold them back for much longer. During all this Adams face was motionless and Ella could feel her intense stare watching her, " God how can she sit there like that, knowing what was wrong with me this whole time." Ella thought.

"If not proparly treated, yes Asherson's syndrome can take lives. Lucky for you we have a treatment ." Adams said plainly.

"What's the treatment?" Ella said, now she could feel a tear run down her face.

"Oh it's simple." laughed the doctor,"An organ transplant."