【Itachi Uchiha】

-•●●●•-

⌜❝ Why bother loving someone who can't love you back? Perhaps to at least give my own life a purpose to carry on. ❞ ⌟

-•●●●•-

-【Itachi Uchiha】-

Author's POV

║▌║▌║█│▌

[Name] fondly looks at the couple as they walk along the road with her, trailing behind them. Izumi shyly looks away when Itachi places a cherry blossom on her ear as it matches with her cherry blossom-printed furisode kimono.

The feeling is bittersweet, it's painful to see that he loves someone yet happy to see that he's happy. [Name] completely mastered the art of masking emotions, even how agonizing the sight can be, she can pull off a smile as if it's nothing.

Itachi and [Name] are both members of an ANBU organization, partners in crime and everything, except for being lovers.

" How's the mission going? " the female Uchiha strikes a conversation with Itachi. Izumi Uchiha is a lovely girl and clearly a good match for Itachi, one of the reasons why [Name] can't bring herself to hate her, not that she's a vengeful type of a person.

[Name]'s case is just hopeless, she can only confess to the male Uchiha through her eyes yet Itachi already had his eyes on someone else, and she abruptly stopped reaching out to him starting from that and starts on being contented on what they have which is friendship.

She pushes the urge of talking to him by going on some missions after missions, she won't mind how dangerous it could be as long as it will take her mind off of him for a moment.

Itachi became worried for his close female comrade, he noticed that she goes on a mission nonstop. The female just laughs it off and reassures the worried Uchiha by patting the side of his head gently with her hand, her signature gesture of adoration.

" I'm fine, Izumi. " the male Uchiha answers politely, " would you like me to take you to the riverbank with some dangos? " [Name] takes it as a signal to leave the two be with an aching chest, she scratches the back of her neck and awkwardly laughs which notifies the couple that she's with them, the thought can bring pain to anyone, but [Name] is immuned of it now.

" O-oh! I'm terribly sorry for forgetting about you, [Name]-san. " Izumi apologizes genuinely and Itachi nods with her statement. " It's impolite of us to do that.. " [Name] just frantically waves her hands in an attempt of dismissing their thoughts. " Nonsense! I know that people who are in love tend to get distracted easily " she grins widely while teasingly wiggles her eyebrows at them.

The two Uchiha combusts into a blushing mess as they look away from one another, [Name]'s smile falters for a split of a second before regaining her composure, sure she knows how to control her emotions, but she can't stop it herself.

They don't even bother denying the fact that they're having mutual feelings for one another.

Starting from the day that [Name] found out that Itachi's in love, she swore to herself; that she'll protect the two no matter what, even if she had to lose her life in the process.

As the two are about to protest, Shisui saves the female and lands next to her, swinging his arm around her neck, his gesture is carefully done yet [Name] almost topples forward. Itachi takes a step forward and looks at his cousin in mild irritation. " Be careful with her, Shisui. "