.........

About an hour or so went by before I heard a knock at the door. "it's fine now Bella you can come out," said Alex. I let out a breath of relief as I unlocked the door and ran over to embrace him. He trembled against me but hugged me back tightly. I looked up at him and saw he had a big bruise starting to form by his eye. "Omg Alex, what happened?" I asked my voice full of concern. He winced as I lightly touched the spot near his eye. "The man wouldn't leave so I had to push him out but he hit me a couple of times before actually leaving, but I'm ok." he laughed lightly as he said that last part. I shook my head in disbelief. His hands rubbed my arms warmly, "Hey, I'm ok don't worry." I put my head on his chest shaking my head. "You scared me," I said into his chest. "I know I'm sorry. but everything is ok now," he said soothingly, and this time I believed him.

Time skip to later that night

Alex's mom got home a couple hours later. She didn't ask about the bruise, which surprised me but she probably thought it was from lacrosse. She took us all out to a little beach trip, which was amazing. We laughed talked must of the ride. We left pretty late, so me and Alex passed out in the back.