Chapter Two: The Artisan

As the sun rose the party continued on. With the rising of the sun another group of people rise. Seeing the gala as an opportunity for sales and attention many artisans take to the streets. One family of Artisans, known as the Jaharr clan, take on a large majority of the streets. Stonemasons, woodcarvers, jewelers, blacksmiths, and the most popular glassblowers. Among the Jaharrs a prodigy appears to help set up his clans booth. Mason Jaharr, a Half-Elf with bright blue eyes and  blond hair pulled up into a ponytail. A belt of virtually every tool needed wrapped over a hand knitted shirt displaying the moon and sun, and a satchel with a face stitch design hanging down to his waist.
After the artisan stands are set up Mason wanders the streets greeting his family and seeing what his cousins have made. Little by little he makes his way down to join the solstice party. As Mason walks down the lane with a sly grin a single guard spots him approaching slowly.
"Been up to no good yet again young Jaharr?" The soldier speaks up crossing his arms as he eyes the sneaky Half-Elf
"And whatever do you mean Captain Wethris?"
Mason's left arm tucks under his right and in his right hand he rolls a coin over his knuckle
"You know what I mean. And frankly I still think it was you who stole my manacles last week, and my tankard from last month, and my cell keys last night."
Mason starts to chuckle and shake his head dropping the coin in his satchel "you know it's not always my fault that you keep misplacing everything. Besides I haven't taken anything yet." 
As Mason walked away he slipped Captain Wethris' ring on and disappeared.
Down the street the Captain shouts after the Rouge Artist but Mason was already lost in a crowd. Zachariah heard the familiar name being about by a familiar voice and grins as he watches Mason slip by and into the Cyclops eye tavern. Within the tavern many tables were full but Mason had no interest in any ale or foods. He made his way to the counter dipping his finger in a puddle of water and writes Crying Crystal on the counter. The barkeep nods and motions to the back leading Mason to the Cyclops Tear Thieves Guild. Once inside he is greeted by a purple skinned Tiefling wearing a black cloak and holes in her hood for two extravagant horns decorated in gold and gem stones.
The Tiefling smiles folding her hands under her chin "Ah Mr. Jaharr come with new trinkets to sell?"
Mason pulls a few shiny bobbles from his bag of holding. "Let's see I've got a new potion that I brewed let's say it could be sold as a potion of storm giant strength, a flame tongue dagger, and the ring of my favorite guard."
"Another run in with my step son?" Mrs Susana Wethris smirks picking up the ring to examine it.
"More or less. If only he knew I worked for you. I'm sure he was very confused the first time you bailed me out."
The Tiefling giggles at the thought. "Yes it would be amusing. But believe me it's in both our best interests that he doesn't learn our secrets." Susana counts out some coin and slides it forward in exchange for the goods. "You be a good boy Mason. And stay out of trouble."
Mason gathers his coin marching his way up the stairs again and into the tavern. Sitting at the bar next to a silver Dragonborn. Glancing over, Mason reaches for a bag dangling from the Draginborns belt. Before reaching far a large silver claw grabs Mason's arm
"Believe me son. You don't want to do that." Divirune looks down at the rouge holding onto Mason's wrist.
"Astute fellow aren't you?" Mason pulls his arm back
"Or I know you well enough thanks to the kind soldier sharing a drink." Divirune points to his other side where Zachariah smiles and waves
"Didn't know you had an interest in me too oh Saint of Tymaor"
Zachariah corrects "Husband actually. And normally I wouldn't care much but you seem to have appropriate skills for helping this kind Gentleman with his problem." Pulling Mason's record out of a pocket in his trousers. "You have many reports of suspected thievery, breaking and entering, and swindling people yet only the captain claims to be certain you did any of this."
"So if you feel confident then why not take me in now? Still don't have the proof?" A cocky grin spreads over Mason's face only to be shocked by Zachariah's response.
"Actually because Milady is friends with Lady Wethris."
Mason spends a minute to think. Looking up seconds later to ask. "What's the job?"