Australia and sledging

Thankfully Kuldeep's illness turned out to be only a minor case of viral fever, and as soon as this was confirmed, Yuzi took up permanent residence by his bedside, and became worse than a nurse.

Kuldeep coughs once? Yuzi is there with a glass of water.

Kuldeep sniffs once? Yuzi is ready with a handkerchief.

Kuldeep ventures to say, "My head hurts, Yuzi"? Yuzi runs all the way to Rohit bhaiya's room, and finding both him and Virat bhaiya there, manages to gasp out, "Kul's head is hurting. Should we call the doctor?"

Rohit and Virat deadpanned.

"Are you two just going to sit here--" began Yuzi, annoyed.

"Are you serious?" demanded Rohit.

"He has really got some issues," said Virat with feeling.

"Obsessive Kuliya-centric syndrome," snorted Rohit. "Or something like that."

"Shut up," Virat told Rohit.

"You shut up," Rohit told Virat.

Yuzi shook his head at the two of them and ran to Bhuvi's room, and found Jassi and Hardik there as well.

"Bhuvi bhaiya, Kuliya said that his head is aching," said Yuzi miserably. "And Rohit bhaiya and Virat bhaiya seem to think it's a joke. Can you do something?"

"Oh no, a headache," said Hardik with utmost concern. "Really?"

"Don't you start now," Bhuvi warned Hardik. "Yuzi--a headache isn't something we worry about, y'know, it just goes away on its own," he explained patiently.

"Ok," said Yuzi, dejected.

When he returned to Kuldeep's room, he found Virat bhaiya there--evidently he cared about Kuliya's headaches as well, then why did he act like that earlier?

When he went close, though, he found Virat stroking Kuldeep's forehead affectionately but also saying, "Yuzi has clearly left all his brains behind at the airport, he was thinking of calling a doctor for your headache. Imagine, if you temperature rises crosses 100, he'll call for an ambulance!..."

"But Virat bhaiya," said Kuldeep unhappily.

"I'm right here," said Yuzi from behind Virat grumpily. "You can go back, Virat bhaiya. I'm staying here."

"Ok, ok," said Virat quickly moving away from Kuldeep, seeing that Yuzi was in a mad frame of mind. "I trust you completely to take care of Kul," added Virat sweetly before escaping from the room.

"Sarcasm," muttered Yuzi, and resumed what Virat had been doing.

Kuldeep's smile mollified him greatly, and Yuzi cuddled his little brother till he fell asleep.

_______________

Kuldeep was fit enough to play in the next day's match vs Australia, and Jaddu was still nursing a sprained ankle, so though Kuldeep was feeling a little weak, he was determined to play.

Yuzi was extremely concerned about this idea, but Kuldeep convinced him after much effort.

"Anytime you feel unwell, you tell me straightaway, ok?" said Virat sternly.

"Yes," said Kuldeep meekly.

Virat didn't really want to play him today, but with three group stage matches left and India needing to win at least 2--and Australia being weak vs spin while England extremely strong, he had no choice but to go with KulCha together.