Chapter Thirty One

Clingy?

Jennie's POV

I'm not gonna lie. Being so tragically and physically far from Lisa after just getting her to forgive me and look at me the same way she used to was hell. And I'm talking the depths of agonizing torture. Sure, I got a glimpse of her voice every now and then -- okay, hours on end at night, but still; It wasn't enough. The short texts didn't cut it, and the phone conversations were harmless and never really went into any depth. Now, this is coming from someone who really isn't that deep. It's just not enough of her.

Fuck, I miss Lisa.

"You need to calm down," David commented unhelpfully. We were at Starbucks again. Since Lisa moved, you'd think I'd be drawn more towards him in the periods I wasn't talking to her, but if anything it was the opposite. We talked less, and frankly, this was the first time it'd been just me and him for a while now.

I took a sip from my frappuccino and glared at him over the rim of the cup.

"It's been barely two hours," he went on, also swallowing a gulp from his coffee.

"It doesn't matter what she's doing. Lisa always texts back right away. No matter what she's doing."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't you think you're being... a little, oh I don't know, clingy?"

"You did not just say that."

"I did."

I flipped him the bird. Things like being "clingy," as David like to put it, didn't really effect us. I knew it. There is no way in hell I could ever have too much of Lisa or have her talk enough endlessly to me. I mean, I'm pretty sure her views on this are more or less equivalent, but David might have a point. Maybe. I am the one with no life and the most that I ever do is get a drink with David.

Right, Lisa has Mandy.

Fuck I hate that girl.

It's not like I have any rational reason to be jealous other than the fact that she's gay, which is a moronic reason. It's like being jealous if Mandy were a dude named.... Manny or something. So when I say it really isn't that Mandy's gay, I mean it. I guess it's just that every single day, Lisa finds a way to inch Mandy into the conversation. Mandy did this, Mandy said that, or oh, Mandy's here so she has to fucking go. I swear, the girl is everywhere.

Maybe I am clingy.

David went on about some girl in his chem class that he was into right now. I'm actually quite surprised he was into me for so long, and was able to withstand a long-term relationship. If there's one thing I know about David now that I don't use him as a toy, it's that he has a new point of interest every week. I guess this week it's Gigi Rogers.

Halfway through his description of how cute she was when she got flustered, my phone skidded across the table. I'd only been giving him half my attention to him before, with my chin lazily propped on my left hand, but now I wasn't even listening.

Where are you?

It was Saturday around two, so obviously I wasn't at school, which was what we found ourselves talking about when we ran out of things to say. I hastily replied Starbucks with David, why?

When she didn't respond and David noticed he'd lost my attention, he sighed and changed the topic. "Are you going to the basketball game tonight?"

I shrugged, sadly retreating from my phone. "Wasn't planning on it."

"You wanna go?"

It was actually an innocent proposition. He wasn't asking me out, and frankly he looked bored. "I have nothing to do, so sure. Gigi gonna be there?"