Chapter One

Author's Note: So this is my book. (NO HATE) This note is a WARNING that there is sexual content in it. Violence may be involved, and some language. If you do not appreciate that, then please do not read. Thank you! Xx

Charlotte

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. 

My alarm clock went off. With my eyes still crusted shut, I tried to find my way to the stop button. Forcing my heavy eyelids opened, I looked at the clock.

9:01 am.

I groaned, remembering today was my full time at work. So I then sat up in my bed, yawned and slowly hobbled to my bathroom. I nearly gagged as I stared back at myself in the mirror. Not that I was expecting to wake up looking like Sleeping Beauty, but I looked worst than horrid. Thus, began my everyday morning routine. 

Shower. Dress. Makeup. Hair. 

Nothing extravagant.

After my bathe, I went on and slipped into my black skinny jeans, put on my button down black shirt, and of course my all time favorite com back boots.

I never really thought I needed much makeup, however I enjoy wearing it, and perfecting my imperfections. I applied my eyeliner, mascara and my favorite "Coral Bliss" lipstick by Mac.

Honestly, I felt too exhausted to fix my messy hair. Sometimes, it bothers me how my hair is a little voluminous and a bit curly for the reason that on some days, it gets out of control. So I took my thick brown hair and fixed it into a messy bun with a few stray hairs curtaining my face.

As I opened the door, the brisk, icy cold early December air of Oxford, England clung on to my skin, providing me with a little pinch. I did not enjoy the cold, however I do enjoy the beautiful scenery of white frost upon the branches of the leaveless trees. And Christmas. I love Christmas.

Ding.

The bell rung as I entered Spring Valley Diner. Greeting my fellow workers, I made my way to the back room to put down my things. 

"Char!" a peppy little feminine voice called out. 

I turned around to see my best friend, Ella. Ella has been my best friend since my first year in primary school. 

I smiled and greeted her.

"Have you seen him?", she asked excitedly. 

I looked a bit puzzled. 

"Seen who?", I asked. 

"The new lad." she said flirtatiously. "His first day is today. Rumour has it, he is absolutely gorgeous!" she nearly squealed.

It honestly did not really have much importance to me whether he was good looking or not. El defenitely did. She was very much indeed into boys. Probably because the boys were very much into her. Not that Im against it. El is a very beautiful girl. She had glamourous straight blonde hair, complemented with with royal blue eyes, and gifted with a large amount of "goodies".

"There he is!" she whispered.

My head turned towards the front door as the bell had rung. I'll tell you this. The rumours?

True.

A tall young man with richly dark brown curly hair and evergreen eyes stood at the doorway. HIs hand ran through his curly locks as his fierce eyes shifted around. His thin, plump lips were slightly curved into a grimace. As charming as he looked, he seemed unapproachably rude and unfriendly. I recieved a bad impression on him.

I looked over at El who seemed to be in a transe. I laughed and grabbed her hand and walked with her over to the lad. Of course she was the first one to talk.

"Hello! My name is Ella Frost. Nice to meet you. What is your name?" she asked.

He just stood there with no expression. He let his eyes gaze up and down at her figure with a light smirk on his face. He looked over at me and continued to walk. 

"Oh... okay." Ella said with a little embarrassment. "What a jackass." she scoffed.

A light smile came onto my face.

He's not a very pleasant character if you ask me.

One week passed by and he has not spoken to anyone. He just kind of showed up, worked and left. It should not have bothered me, but it did. Who just shows up and gives the impression that he was too good for everyone? If it is one thing I cannot stand, it is arrogance. I did not even know his name. No one did.

Being the young, stupid girl I am, I decided to walk over to him and not leave without a conversation.

Author's Note: Well, that's Chapter One! Vote, and Comment! Tell me what you think. I take critiques! Give me some advice and tell me what you think should be improved, or just say if you like it. Thank you so much! Love you Xx

Picture of Charlotte White on the side --------->