peaceful sleep

Wanda sat on her bed, humming quietly as she strummed a Sokovian melody on her guitar. She found this to be a soothing habit whenever she became stressed or needed to calm down after a mission that involved many deaths. Her fingers glided over the smooth strings of the guitar as her others pressed down on them to create a wonderful sound that was familiar and pleasing to her ears.

A soft knock sounded at the door; it was so quiet that Wanda wasn't sure she heard it at first, but she felt a presence. Vision's presence.

Wanda stopped strumming her guitar and called out, "Come in."

Vision appeared at the doorway, half nervous, half sad-looking.

Her eyes widened the moment she saw him. "Hey, Vis. What's wrong?"

"I...I heard you from the hallway and I was hoping that you would play a piece for me...if that's not too much to ask for, of course."

Her eyes lit up and a smile stretched across her face. "Oh, it's no trouble at all. Sit with me." She patted the side next to her that wasn't blocked by the length of her guitar. "It's nice to play for someone once in a while."

He hesitated but decided to sit next to her as she was thinking about what to play.

"What would you like to hear, Vizh?"

"Oh, whatever you'd like to play is fine."

"Hmmn, okay." As she tuned her guitar, she continued, "By the way...is everything okay with you? You don't seem like yourself."

"Everything is fine, but...I suppose I don't feel like myself."

She looked at him for a moment. "I won't budge. Perhaps I have something that will make you feel a bit better."

She took a deep breath before playing...

City of stars
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars
There's so much that I can't see
Who knows?
I felt it from the first embrace I shared with you
That now our dreams

They've finally come true

He so ever slowly leaned his head lightly against her shoulder.

City of stars
Just one thing everybody wants
There in the bars
And through the smokescreen of the crowded restaurants
It's love
Yes, all we're looking for is love from someone else
A rush
A glance
A touch
A dance

He closed his eyes and focused on her beautiful, Sokovian singing.

A look in somebody's eyes
To light up the skies
To open the world and set me reeling
A voice that says, I'll be here
And you'll be alright

He leaned in closer, dozing off, and she subconsciously tilted her head against his.

City of stars
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars
You've never shined so brightly

When Wanda stopped playing, she noticed how close they were...and that Vision was asleep. Her heart swelled. She rarely saw him sleep since he didn't need it, so she assumed whatever was bothering him was most likely pretty bad.

She smiled to herself and placed her guitar on the floor, trying not to wake him, and carefully laid him down on her bed. She picked up one of the blankets she had in a basket and gently placed it over him, snuggling him up as a comfortable gesture.

She kissed his forehead. "Sleep well, Vizh," she whispered and turned off the lights in the room and left him to a peaceful sleep.