I Will Pay The Bill, You Taste The Wine

Their dinner reservation was at 7:30pm sharp. It was 6:30 and the boys were still asleep. Luckily, John always thinks ahead. He had arranged to be phoned an hour before the reservation time, just in case. The loud ringing of the phone woke them both up. John sat up first and rubbed his eyes, reaching for the phone.

"Hello?" He answered in a groggy voice.

"I'm just calling to remind you of your dinner reservations at 7:30." A woman spoke politely.

"Oh yes! Thank you so much!" John was now wide awake.

He hung up the phone and turned over to look at Roger, He was rubbing his eyes and yawning, like a little kid, and it was adorable. John slid out of bed and ran around the room, trying to lay out both he and Roger's clothes.

"We have dinner in an hour, so hurry up!" It seemed like John was always having to rush him.

Roger climbed out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom, turning on the shower and adjusting the temperature. He stepped in and the warm water hit his back soothingly. John grabbed the shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash that Roger failed to notice, and joined his boyfriend in the shower. He was welcomed with a wet kiss and he smiled sweetly as he squirted some shampoo into his hands to wash Roger's hair.

Soon, but not soon enough for John's standards, they were both squeaky clean and dried off, putting on the clothes John had laid out. John was in front of the mirror, combing his hair, and Roger just watched him. He was so lucky to have him and he sometimes liked to take a moment to admire him. He was trying to press his collar down but Roger stepped up behind him and pulled his hands down.

John gushed as he watched his loving boyfriend smooth the collar down and kiss his cheek. They grabbed hands and John looked down at his watch. Right on schedule.

~

They arrived ten minutes early at the resturant, a relief to a fretting John. When John made the reservations, he made sure to ask if they could have private dining- to avoid bombardment from fans (and to have privacy). They were spotted at the door and a sharply dressed man with a mustache greeted them.

"Good evening gentlemen, follow me to your table please." He spoke very politely, and the boys followed him. 

They walked alongside the wall as they were escorted to a seperate dining area. The room was softly lit and held a very cozy atmosphere, much to Roger and John's liking. The man seated them and presented them with a bottle of wine, Roger's favorite. Roger watched as the wine was swiftly poured into the glasses, the dark liquid swirling around the clear crystal. The twinkle in his glossy, blue eyes was certainly not missed by John. He admired the older man's soft contentment as the wine was being poured.

They both smiled at the man and reached out to grasp the stem of their glasses. Roger swirled the ruby liquid around in his glass before bringing it to his lips lightly, gently tipping it up to taste. John just pulled the lip to his mouth and slowly tilted it until he tasted it on his tongue.  They both enjoyed the warmth it brought down their throats and sat the glasses back down.

Two plates were brought out to the couple and they happily accepted them, nodding to the waiter to dismiss him. The bottle was left on the table so they could refill themselves.

Roger pressed the side of his shoe against John's foot and softly grasped the latter's hand, rubbing the top gently with the pass of his thumb. "All of this is amazing John, thank you."

John blushed and bit his bottom lip, "No need to thank me, I'd do anything for you."

The expression on Roger's face softened and he brought their hands up to his face, gently pressing his lips to the top of John's knuckles. "I love you so much..."

"Oh Rog... I love you too, dear." John smiled and pulled his hand back, grabbing his fork, "Now let's see if this tastes as good as it looks."