Avalon

Souls like ours were never meant to be apart. I look up at the stars above me and I just feel you. Your silver eyes laid upon me feel like a warm blanket on a cold night. They feel like home. They feel like you. The warmth of your smile, of your embrace, of your love-filled gaze. But you're present here. You're present in everything I surround myself with. Yet, the green grass beneath my feet is dull, the trees no longer dance and the flowers no longer spring from the ground in vibrant shades.

I can hear you beckoning me. Pulling me up into your dark sky arms and wrapping me up in your night cloak. I wish I could be in your arms again, hidden beneath thick blankets whispering sweet nothings while day fades to night, and night turns to day. Summer turned to winter, and you faded away. But we will be together again.

We found each other before. In a land that flourished and thrived long before this one blossomed into existence. My dear- I promise we'll find each other again. In a land of life eternal. In a valley of immortality. Even as the galaxy burns from existence, we will remain. and we will love just as we always have. Relentlessly. Fiercely. Passionately. Truly.

As I brush my hand once more upon the engraved stone in parting, I promise, we'll find each other again. One day.