--- 🐞 Marinette 🐞 ---

Marinette yawned and blinked her eyes open. Upon doing so, she noticed the ceiling was very close to her face.

"Aaaaugh!!"

As she screamed, the ceiling got farther away, which relieved just as much as it confused her. She tried to sit up, but she just rolled onto her back again.

"Tikki!! Tikki!!!" Marinette called out to her kwamii, who had been sleeping on the shelf indent in the wall above Marinette's bed.

"Yes Marinette? What's wro-" Marinette watched as her kwamii's demeanor went from worried calm to straight shock.

"Tikki! What happened to me?! And why do you look so big?!"

The kwamii opened and closed her mouth several times before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"M-Marinette.... Don't freak out but...." Tikki paused and studied her charge's face before continuing. "You appear to have become a.... well, a ladybug."

"Are you being serious right now Tikki?"

Tikki just grimly nodded.

Marinette rocked back and forth on her back, her six legs held close against her body.

"Oooooooooooooooh no no no no no. Tikki! What do I dooooo?!?! I can't go to school as a ladybug!!! Adrien would see me and never want to talk to me again because it wouldn't take him long to put two and two together and figure out that I'm Ladybug and then I'll never get to go on a date with him because he hates liars and he'll hate me forever!! Oh Tikki my life is over!!!"

"Oh Marinette. I think that should be the least of your worries right now."

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked as Tikki helped her flip over onto her feet

"Don't you think that when you don't come downstairs to leave for school that your parents will be suspicious? They care about you Marinette! They would be up here in an instant to make sure everything was okay."

"Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo!! You're absolutely right Tikki!! This is a disaster, disaster, disaster!!!"