Concentration - Tengai

Tengai meditates every day. Some days he'll meditate more than once, usually after having to babysit Rappa. He needed to clean his mind. So here he is, in his private quarters, meditating peacefully. Rapid thoughts dissolve in a sea of tranquility. He shut everything out - his surroundings, his thoughts. Silence. Emptiness. It was almost numbing, to the mind, body and soul. Nothing could break this trance Tengai was in.

He was wrong.

Soft murmuring shattered the numbing silence in his mind. He tried to block it out. Breathe in. Pause. Breathe out. Tengai calmed his breathing as his mind was silenced. However, the murmuring continued. It got louder and louder, until he could no longer block it out.
"Tengai? Can you hear me? Are you ignoring me?" That voice. It belonged to you. Tengai sighed softly as he opened his eyes. He was greeted with the sight of you, kneeling in front of him. He smiled softly at you, I can meditate later. He had something else to concentrate on. Something much better.

————————————————————————
Author's note: this is a little short but I thought I'd try making shorter one shots to see which one you guys prefer. You can also comment which one you prefer - short one shots or long one shots?