Prologue

• Yes, not important.. •

[ 3rd POV ]

There he was sitting on his bed, staring with a blank expression at his phone, another call at 4 in the morning, they found another body, this time it was mutilated, as he signed he started to get ready for work. 

Jumping out of bed, he stands up and walks through the door grabbing a towel clenched to his body. 

After a long bath, he went to his bedroom to put his clothes on, he didn't take long just like the last time,  and went to the bathroom once again, he wore a dark blue trench coat underneath of it a grey sweater, and a scarf made of silk covering half of his face, he put his checkered boots for this day instead of his formal shoes. 

He took a moment to contemplate himself, soft brown spiky hair, some little hair going through his eyes if you can call it like that, he hasn't had any good sleep for a few months, making him seem upset all time and indeed he was. He took the umbrella and closed the door with a loud thud. He walked to nearest coffee shop and asked for a few marshmallows, yes, marshmallows The waiter looked up at Tom with a big smile, she gives him a small bag for them with a small red bow tied on it. Sometimes he could go after them and enjoy at meantime before any bad news were announced by his co-workers. 

[ Tom's POV ]

I remember when I got into the crime scene it was in a Casino, yellow tape covering all over the area, as always someone offered me a cup of coffee and sip it, I scanned the room, now direct at the now mutilated body. It was a man, not really tall, brown hair, he was wearing a green sweater, he seemed to be close to his 26s.

The place was untouched, it seemed no one entered here, just the thing that it was mutilated body over the rug, that was the only exception of it. Various of the police officers noticed him, others weren't surprised by being at the same room as them, a few of them started coming towards him with quite many papers on their hands.

"Thomas! We've been waiting for you, there's something we need to sho—" someone seemed to cut him of. Pushing him out of the focus.

"Hey!" It's was a 'short' guy with black hair, I've never seen here before he might be new around here, but why would he choose this case?

"Sir, It has the same conditions as the other ones" I snapped my neck toward the direction of the sound I just hummed in agreement.

"Could you please let me finish?!" He appeared startled by the sudden little crowd was forming.

The other officer a blond one looked at him with a insulted face, backing off and taking the walkie-talkie from his belt. Leaving the scene.

"It seems this time got him by the back" I said bluntly. I got near of it reclining near their feet, while the forensics were taking examples of the scene.

"Apparently they attack in different ways, each time more violent or less" One of my backups said I agreed. 

"Well it depends where's the crime scene, like the other 21, they don't really do have a pattern an exact time to do it so.." Other said. He paused, looking at me with relief.

"This time it wasn't that violent, Am I right?" It seemed that he was looking for my approval, I just nodded in respond.

I take a sip of the coffee and kept chatting how every victim is connected, but no we weren't able to find out any similarities. Eventually I walked off of the scene grabbing the yellow tape and passing through it.

• Time skip •   

I was in my office l started examining my 'Suspect Board' every move they made, some 'accidents' that happened were in different places. Unlikely to die in natural ways, I looked forward information of some files from similar killers, but none of them were like this one. I puff on my chair saying an out loud 'great' If only I could find finger prints, I'll keep in mind looking for evidence.