THE BOY WHO LIVED; Opening

I'm sure many of you remember this opening being accompanied by a full-length version of this series with all seven books completed. This website may have taken it down, but you can still have them if you want to swap emails with me. I'm merely republishing the seven openings in hopes people will still find them and have this chance. If you'd like versions with book content, feel free to email me.

This content is also being republished on RoyalRoad, Fanfiction, Archive of our Own, Wattpad, Inkitt, and Quotev.

HPHPHPHP

"Come on Lils, you think that fly on the wall is going to be the death of him. Let me give him one more go," Sirius tried again for the fifth time that hour.

"I said no Sirius," Lily snapped back. "He's only four months old; he can't even hang on by himself yet. You need both hands to steer that monstrosity."

"But I can-" Sirius began again but was interrupted by the man on the couch.

"Oh, just let it go Padfoot. There's no point in arguing with Lily when she's in a logical mood." Remus paused for breath and glanced up to grin at the two. "Try it again later when Harry won't go to bed."

Sirius grinned. Lily shot the man an evil look for giving Sirius false hopes; when suddenly there was a crash in the kitchen.

Faster than many could follow, Remus and Sirius had pushed Lily and the baby in her arms towards the stairs, drawn their wands, and advanced on the noise. Entering the kitchen they saw something that would turn their world upside down.

A young man was strewn across the Potters' kitchen table, which had snapped in half underneath him. The only reason he was not a slug on the floor for going into this house was that he looked oddly familiar... but this was impossible. James Potter was upstairs, probably trying to calm down his disturbed wife, considering he'd been upstairs in the middle of one of his drawings, they imagined that bit of parchment wasn't going to hold his attention long after this. Sirius was half surprised he wasn't down here himself by now. This had to be true, for no matter how much he looked it, this man was not James. They had a lot of the same face, and the boy even had his black hair, but there was something slightly off.

The man on the table stirred, groaning slightly and grabbing his head as if in monumental pain. The thought that someone had tried to use a Polyjuice potion to look like James was driven out of both men's mind as the eyelids slowly parted, and they saw a pair of bright green eyes behind those glasses. Remus had been too stunned to do much of anything but stare at the strange sight before him, but now that he was seeing life in the stranger he managed to gather his wits about him. "Alright you, whoever you are, you are to get to your feet slowly. No sudden moves or I will make sure that arm of yours never moves again." He demanded in a stern voice.

The familiar eyes slid over to the side to land on the two, and he frowned as he caught sight of them. Then his face grimaced. He clutched his head, his nose scrunching up like Lily's did when she got a migraine. Sirius and Remus exchanged wary looks, wondering if this was some kind of trick, but as soon as it had started, the boy relaxed again. Once his face calmed a bit his eyes reopened. With words slurring slightly he stated, "Alright." He raised both arms above his head, then brought them back down to his side to help lift him up.

Both men felt another spasm of shock as they realized just how close in height this person was to their best friend. Turning a funny green color the man managed to right himself, giving both guys one more confused stare, then pass out again on the kitchen floor as soon as James Potter came skidding into the room.