NORBERT THE NORWEDGINE RIDGEBACK

Remus began his chapter, feeling a mite concerned about what he was fixing to read. So far, ever since Harry's first week at Hogwarts, they really hadn't been able to go one chapter without Harry nearly dying, or all wanting to burst into tears at the emotional reminder that they weren't there for him.

At this point Remus would have gladly taken Harry getting a detention, at least to keep him out of trouble for a while.

"Don't suppose any of the other teachers noticed how stressed Quirrell was?" Lily asked.

Harry simply shrugged, he had no idea about that.

"Pressing your ear is better than poking your head in I suppose," Sirius muttered.

"Not really," James wanted to laugh, but forced himself to say in normal tones, "Snape's just always prowling like that."

"Well, props for doing Ron telling others off for Quirrell," Remus said, "but personally I think Quirrell's in on it for a cut. I don't see even Snape bullying a full grown wizard into forcing him to do anything."

All three of the adults agreed with him on that, while Harry was frowning to himself and thinking in annoyance that he regretted doing these things all together.

"You mean Hermione hasn't memorized every textbook in the castle?" Sirius demanded, faking real surprise.

"She's just nervous," Remus rebuked, "I got pretty testy around exam time to."

"Okay, I wasn't that bad," Remus acknowledged. "Two weeks, tops, not ten."

"Yes well you aren't six hundred something years old," James rolled his eyes at Hermione.

Now all five of them were laughing at this odd habit of themselves repeating these kids.

"When do you ever stop studying?" Lily demanded, really she was happy Hermione had friends to pull her out of books from time to time.

"Your friends have," James replied to Hermione's rhetorical question, "and it's worth it."

"The Easter Holidays never are as good s the Christmas ones," all four graduates sighed in annoyance.

"It only gets worse as the years go on," Sirius groaned.

"Honestly, they gave you that two weeks off just so you have the time to do it," James agreed.

"And that's why it sucks spending any extra time in the library," Sirius agreed with Harry.

"Perfect Quidditch conditions," James and Sirius groaned at such a description.

"Now that is a surprise," Lily agreed, Hagrid wasn't known for coming into the castle outside of meals, let alone up there.

"He's still subtle as ever I see," Remus chuckled.

"Nah, they found out about Flamel, through the use of chocolate!" James cried with glee.

"I want to use that as a slogan, and buy the company," Sirius laughed.

"Hagrid's got a point," Remus agreed, fighting the impulse to laugh, "you were worried about anyone finding you out in the Library before, now you're the ones shouting about it."

"Well thank you Hagrid, for literally inviting them over to ask you questions you'll most likely answer before they ask them," Lily said, rolling her eyes fondly at the giant.

"I doubt Hagrid knows what else is protecting the Stone," Remus said, "he really wouldn't even have that much to do with it."

"Then what was he doing?" Sirius asked.