Part 8

**Sorry this took awhile, work has been crazy. Enjoy :)

The next morning Edgeworth got up earlier than everyone else. He got ready, looking pristine as always, and then made his way to the kitchen to put on some tea. As he dipped the teabag in the hot water, he heard a voice.

"Good morning, sir, sleep well?"

Heart skipping a beat, he turned to see his assistant standing there, dressed for the day in leggings and a baggy knitted sweater.

"Ms. Litowski, good morning," greeted Edgeworth, "While I only got a few hour of sleep, I do feel well rested. You?"

"Same. Hey, thanks again for last night."

"Your welcome. I'm just glad you're alright."

She smiled and nodded. "May I have a cup of tea as well?"

"Oh yes, of course. Apologies, I'll move out of the way."

"No worries. Did you want to sit over by the window? I see you kept the fire going. It would be nice to look out at the fresh snow in the warmth."

Edgeworth's heart skipped a beat, he hoped his face didn't just go red.

"Oh, why... yes, that does sound nice, thank you for the invitation."

Aurorah laughed "I mean, it's just hanging out by a window, but you're welcome."

"Y-yes, of course..."

The two sat by the window and chatted for a bit. It was beautiful outside, the sun coming in from the window warming them up even more. Edgeworth loved that she could make him laugh, he was starting to feel much more comfortable with her on a personal level, even more glad now that he went on the trip.

Once everyone got up they got ready, bundled up and hit the slopes. Everyone was having a great time.

Edgeworth ended up spotting Aurorah after awhile just sort of hanging out awkwardly at the bottom of the slops. He went over to her after going down a few times himself.

"How are you making out, Ms. Litowski?" he asked.

She gave a nervous laugh "To be honest sir, I have never skied before."

He smiled, she was so cute in her outfit, a beautiful Victorian inspired jacket, leggings, fur boots and matching earmuffs and mittens.

"Would you care to have me show you?"

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Not at all, unless you wanted to hang out with Larry and Gumshoe on the bunny hill."

They both turned to see the men fumbling and trying not to fall. It was pretty funny and Rory couldn't help but laugh.

"Ahehhh, no I think I'd rather come with you."

"Excellent, this way, we'll take the lift."

"O-okay."

They went and waited for their turn, Aurorah very nervous. "How do we get on? Does it stop?"

"Haha, no, watch the people in front of us, you stand before it and when it comes, you sit."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

Miles shrugged, "Perhaps a little, but I won't allow you to fall, I promise."

Aurorah smiled, feeling better with his confidence. "Alright, sir."

"Excellent. Ah, here it comes, get ready."

"I don't, I..."

"Here," said Miles taking her hand in his and giving her an encouraging smile. "You're safe."