Chapter Thirteen

Rise by State of Mine

It was the next day, and with it came wall duty. We were needed to clean the cannons as well as position them into different spots along the wall. Almost all of us trainees were up there, a select few were still on the ground doing chores at the training camp.

"Guys look!" Sasha said running over to us, drool running down the side of her mouth as she hid something inside her training cadet jacket.

Knowing something was up, we collectively looked at the brunette who was running over. As she came to a stop, she pulled out what she was hiding. Revealing none other than a slab of meat.

'Are you crazy?' I signed towards the food-loving maniac as she began to drool even more just looking at it. She simply shrugged off my question as one of the guys asked where she had gotten the meat from.

"I got it from the officer's rations," was Sasha's reply as she tucked it away in one of the dark oak boxes that were on top of the walls. "I'll leave it here, save it for later," Sasha commented as she closed the lid.

The others began to comment that when the cleaning and positioning were done, they would join in on the feast. I just looked at Eren shaking my head in disapproval, as he was right alongside me on the matter.

Eren and I looked off towards the city below, admiring it for a moment as the others began talking and doing a half-assed job at cleaning. "We can win, it's time for mankind's counterattack to begin now!" Eren said looking towards me briefly.

Suddenly there was a loud boom as well as a great deal of wind and smoke, looking behind myself I observed a titan overlooking the wall.

'Dammit!' I signed this wasn't any ordinary titan, but the titan that had brought devastation with it all those years ago, five years to be precise.

Suddenly, there was a bang and the earth began to shake as it had never done before. It felt as though it was an earthquake, but even this felt more violent than one of those earth tremors.

When we collected ourselves after the shake, we stood up quickly as we heard screams coming from the town square.

Dashing to the square, we looked up to notice a hand on the wall. "This wall is fifty meters high!" Armin called out in surprise. I looked at the wall as the titan's head popped over it. That titan was at least ten meters higher than the wall.

Suddenly, once more, there were more screams. This time it was not because of the earth-shaking, but because the titan had kicked a hole in the wall.

Looking at in surprise, I watched as the rubble began flying everywhere. The debris flying everywhere, killing people left and right as well as destroying homes and businesses. The way of life as we knew it had begun to change.

There was a loud crash and then a thick cloud of muggy steam. All of us were thrown off the walls, one cadet had actually passed out and was free-falling to the ground. Acting quickly another cadet caught them with their wires from their gear.

I couldn't make out who they were, all my focus was on the titan before me. This titan, despite having to genitalia gave me a masculine vibe. Shaking my head, Eren dashed off in order to kill the damn thing. Hating this titan just as much as he does, I ran after him.

As we swung around, Eren yelled out and swung to the back. I stood on top of the wall for a moment analyzing the situation before flying around to help Eren. Suddenly, just as quick as the titan came, it was gone.

Eren fell from the air, not having his wires attached to anything. After coming out of his stupor he flew back to the top of the wall, where the rest of us waited. "Did you get it?" Connie exclaimed as Eren apologized that he didn't, that it disappeared before he could.