Chapter 3

Thanks for reading! This is only the beginning. It all can continue with the opportunity of connecting with Wattpad. Let's see "Watt's Next" for Danielle. The adventure awaits!

Read more about Danielle's work experience here:

ca.linkedin.com/in/daniellethe

----

Here's an update: Danielle got the job!

After sharing this Wattpad job application story on social media and tweeting both the founder of Wattpad and my potential marketing manager, I landed the job interview for the company I've truly admired. With a few more interviews that followed Wattpad and I agreed it was a match. Very soon afterward I packed up all my things into a car I borrowed from my parents and moved to Toronto, to a new city, in a new role, at a very new-ish company that I knew was going to do very big things for readers and writers alike.

What about today? I spent two years in a marketing role at Wattpad to discover that my true passion was in the product. While I left Wattpad for a few years to explore product roles, I ended up coming right back like a boomerang. Wattpad is doing something very special, and as much as I looked around for something like it, it's been the one job that truly always had my deepest attention and love.

Wait a minute, did she just turn this into a love story? Yes, yes I did.