16

The guide led us through the villages in Khumbu. The place was beautiful and it was safer than any of the other places in the Himalayas. They could have chosen to scale one of the peaks but this was a holiday not an adventure. It was about spending time together not pitching themselves against the elements. So Xiang Hao Ting planned the hike, found a decent place to stay and made sure his boyfriend was as comfortable as possible.

"Do you want to take a walk after dinner?" He asked Yu Shi Gu.

The meal had been as tasty as it had been exotic and they were both satisfied and happy. Yu Shi Gu nodded and gave him a sweet smile that still had the power to flip his heart. It was cold so they bundled up but outside the sky was clear.

"I don't think I've seen so many stars in one place," Yu Shi Gu whispered.

The marvel of something so great making them feel so small. But before Xiang Hao Ting could be distracted by the look on Yu Shi Gu's face as he marveled at the beauty of the night sky, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the box.

There was a speech he'd prepared in his mind. Things he wanted to say. But when it came down to it the only thing he could remember to say was: "Yu Shi Gu...will you marry me?"

Without hesitation Yu Shi Gu turned to him and answered, "Yes."

The promise was fulfilled.

They could finally begin.

"Hao Ting..." Shi Gu started softly.

"Hmmm..."

"I think it's time you got a haircut."

THE END...

A beginning!