The History of Elementus

A world created by fourteen gods existed in harmony as people and animals worked together. That is until a meteor crashes into the planet and released a virus and infected everything. At first, the virus didn't do anything but as time passed it was discovered what the virus does, it can turn it's host feral. These ferals were powerful and destroyed villages single-handed. The gods noticed this and decided to take action with what power they had left after creating the world and its population. They gave humanity three gifts so they can combat the ferals: The first being elemental crystals, which allowed humanity to wield the elements in the palm of their hands. The second is abilities, They were specific to each person and some people could have more than one. The final gift is knowledge, how to fight and use the crystals effectively. After making these gifts, the gods had used up almost all of their power. They made a decision and paired up to create seven weapons, one for each pair, and placed them on each continent. with very little power remaining the pairs combined their powers and gave them to seven people, these people became guardians of their continent and with the weapons created by the gods pushed the ferals back. As the guardians were nearing the end of their lives they created buildings to house the weapons and placed them there until they were required once again. With the ferals pushed back, humanity finally saw what had happened to them, their population had dwindled greatly and was on the verge of extinction, then a new species was born, the animal-people. With the help of the animal-people humanity grew to flourish again with half of the population comprising of animal-people. As with all things, parts of humanity were somewhat against the animal-people and vise Versa. A third of both populations hated the other and formed groups to voice their opinions, The normal humans made a group called the Pure Human Society and the animal-people created the Blood Claws, another third of the populations feared the other, and the rest just accepted the other. People that wanted to survive picked up weapons and fought against their common enemy, they also created schools to train future generations. The people who completed their training were known as hunters and those who passed an exam became slayers.