The Cotton Ball Challenge

"Well, hey! My name's Piper, and today I'm back with the one, the only, Jason Grace!"

-

Part One - The Cotton Ball Challenge.

Piper and Jason scooped the cotton balls off the floor silently. Their camera person, and Piper's best friend, Annabeth Chase, AKA AnnabethReviews, put the camera away.

"So," Jason said, "whose channel?"

"Yours, mine's gonna be the next. Deal?"

Jason put the last in the waste bin. "Deal. Bye Pipes."

Jason hugged her and went out the front door.

After the door closed, Annabeth came back over to Piper. "Do the Boyfriend tag."

"Pardon?"

"Pipes, your fanbase will triple. You and Jase will benefit from it. Just one video, maybe a kiss on the cheek."

"Annabeth, that's such a dumb idea!"

"Is it?" Annabeth said. "Think about it. You guys already do collabs. It won't be that much different."

Piper's phone did the Twitter notification chirp. She checked it.

" NEW TWEET FROM JASON GRACE @JaseGrace ; Guess who's in my newest collab? Hint : @BeautyQueenPiper "

She opened it and checked the retweets and favorites. 20,000 favorites and 15,000 retweets. "Jasiper!!!" she saw somewhere. "So canon!!!!!" "Date already."

She nodded at her phone. "I think you're right, Annie."

Piper dialed Jason's number. "Jase?"

"Piper?"

"Date me?"

"What?"

"My views have been down lately. Let's do the girlfriend/boyfriend tags. It'll help both of us."

"You sure? It might not turn out well."

"Sure."

-

Percy nodded at Piper and Jason as he started recording.

"Hey, beauties, Piper here. Today's video is a bit different, and as you can see, I'm here with?"

"Jason!" Jason said happily, with a slight fake undertone.

"And we have a sort of.. announcement." Jason said, putting his arm around Piper's waist. "We're dating."

"And I know some of you may not care, and some may care a lot, but we felt this was a good time to say it." Piper said. "So, without further intro, let's get into the video."

Question after question of lies and made-up stories, and it was done.

"Alright, well, I think we're going to end off here-"

Annabeth mouthed to Piper, "KISS!" and Piper smacked herself internally. She hadn't told Jason about the kiss, but oh well. Piper needed the subscribers to help her through school.

"But before we go, and feel free to screenshot, you Jasiper shippers," Piper laughed, and kissed Jason.

His lips were soft and tasted like mints. His cologne filled her nose. Jason was startled, she could tell, but it didn't last long, because he kissed her back.

And Piper was happy.

They pulled away and looked at Percy, who was muttering that he knew it, and Annabeth, who was face palming.

"I meant the cheek, Piper!" Annabeth laughed. "God, Pipes."

"Heh." Piper muttered. "Sorry."

Jason just kinda looked confused. "What was that for?"

"Annabeth said it'd be more believable if we kissed. So. Oops?"

"Wow, Pipes." Jason laughed, and his smile seemed so much lighter. "Nice."

"We can shoot the other one now, if you want?" Piper asked. "PERCY!" She yelled. "COME ON!"

"He's convinced." Annabeth muttered. "Good job."

"FUCKIN' KNEW IT. I KNEW IT WAS REAL!" Percy shouted. "HASTAG JASIPER IS REAL BITCHES!"

Piper rolled her eyes. "Yeah, okay. Now come back so we can shoot Jason's."

They sat back in their places and shot the next video.

"Hey guys, my name's Jason, and I'm here with my girlfriend, Piper.

"Hi guys!" Piper waved. "Wait," she faked a gasp. "Girlfriend?!?"

"Yes, girlfriend. We've been dating for a while, and we've came to a decision that now is a good time to tell you."

"So, now it's time for the boyfriend tag." Piper said. "Let's go!" They put their hands to the lens, blocking it until the next cut.

Again, more questions and made-up stories.

"So, now, we'll take a few dares from viewers." Jason grabbed his phone. "We asked them for dares for an upcoming video, so these questions aren't for a specific tag, keep in mind."

Piper looked on. "They all say 'Kiss Piper.' Wow, guys, thanks."

"People's vote, I guess."

Jason kissed Piper, and it went smoother than last time. Jason pulled her closer, but she only heard the sound of the front door.

Leo.

"KNEW IT!" Leo dropped his keys and started dancing. "CALLED IT!"

Percy joined in. "I KNOW, RIGHT??"

"Pipes!" Annabeth murmured softly. "Cut it out!"

But Piper could only focus on Jason's mouth. The mint was still there, but with a hint of Piper's vanilla lip gloss. She pulled back, and Leo and Percy were doing what seemed to be the Macarena.

"Well, that's the end of the dares, I guess, because that's all you wanted us to do. We're ending off here, stay Grace-ful!"

Annabeth turned off the camera. Jason gave Piper a small high-five. "Great acting, Pipes. See ya." He winked at her and left.

"Okay, that was ridiculous, Piper. That looked real." Annabeth said.

"BECAUSE IT WAS REAL!" Leo echoed.

"You're getting views with that, Pipes. Trust me."

-

3 AM and the editing was done. Piper watched the kiss repeatedly. It did look real. Jason's hand was on her waist and he was leaning into it. Like a real kiss. Piper was smiling softly and her hand was on his chest. Like a real kiss.

Piper was mesmerized, until she heard the first words of "Glamorous" by Fergie. That was Jason's ringtone.

JASON : Done w/ editing?

PIPER : Yep. Upload on three?

JASON : 1

PIPER : 2

JASON : 3

She clicked upload, and hers was right below Jason's. They both had different thumbnails, but they both had the same concept.

Both Jason and Piper had chosen the kisses.

Her timeline flooded with "IS THAT EDITED?!" "NO WAY" "OMG JASIPER IS REAL I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!"

And she couldn't either.