Chapter 1: Probation

Miss Announcer Lady:

            I bet your wondering why this book-thingy says Miss Announcer. Huh? Well, it means you're stuck with me! I guess that technically means I'm stuck with you, but no. I'm the annoying one here! Not you!

            Okay, so this story takes place in a world almost like Earth, but not. In this world, magic falls into the four main elements. Earth, water, air, and fire. There are many other categories falling under these elements that you can choose to pursue. Just like collages, or other hobbies that interest you.

People who possess these magical abilities are called wizards. Wizards must go through 4 stages before they can join a guild. The first stage is the easiest, it's all about finding your element. The second stage is a bit harder, but if you've passed the first one, shouldn't be too hard. This stage is focused on gaining your element and solidifying it, most wizards never pass this stage exam, they're known as 'Second Stagers'.

The third stage is even more exclusive; this stage can determine your fate as a wizard. You must find and solidify your magic style, making it your own. These wizards are called 'Mages'. The fourth stage is nearly impossible to pass, this stage requires the wizards' basic elemental magic to not only strengthen but, double it. This means the wizard must have mastered two elements. These wizards are called a 'Sorcerer'.

Only Mages and up are allowed to know about the four demons', or the 'Warlocks'. They are drawn to wizards who possess the strongest, most capable magic power. Fico the fire warlock, Arantxa the water warlock, Zypher the earth warlock, and Cosima the air warlock.

Your welcome for educating everyone on the history of this world. Anyways, our young, 17 year old Fiona is in a little town called Clovesdale. Her story takes place in a restaurant, run by an old man...

Fiona:

            Crimson Devil. That's what they call me, Crimson because of my hair and magic type. Devil, well that's because I have a slight anger issue problem but, I don't know why they went as far as Devil. I'm not evil or any-

             "Aye, little girly your gonna pay for that there meal right?" A dry, croaked voice spat out.

            "Yah, yah old man. And stop calling me little girly!" I snapped.

            "Listen, I know you won't. You don't even got any pockets!" He shook his head, disappointed.

            I checked my long, black coat for a pocket. I even checked inside, for any hidden pockets! Nothing... I looked up, nervously at the old man.

            "See, nothin'." He repeated.

            I smiled trying to look innocent, letting out a nervous laugh. Before he could do anything, I sucked down the drink, shoved the rest of the food down my throat and bolted out the door. Once I was a safe distance away, I had to stop and chew the rest of the food before I choked to death. Wow... That was a really terrible plan, I should've just left the rest of the food there, huh? Well, learned my lesson.

            I took my fist and tapped it lightly on top of my collarbone to help break down some of the food, while coughing a little. I didn't feel so good either. Hopefully I won't be forced into a situation where I have to use my powers, that would be ba-

            "Hey, you! You're the one who ditched the old man right? Do you even know shame?" A deepish, young voice, around my age called.

            I coughed, tapping my collarbone harder and harder, trying to spit out words. I saw only this guys' silhouette from behind my tears bubbling up. Because of the coughing, my hoodie slowly started sliding back until one giant cough mixed with a launching body motion, slide the hoodie down to my shoulders. I was finally able to swallow, and not a second after I jumped onto the roof, hitting the ground running.