Chapter 3: The Mark of the Phoenix

"Well, isn't it The Crimson Devil in flesh?" He let out a deep laugh then continued, "So, we should get down to business. You destroyed almost half of Clovesdale with those flames of yours... That costs a lot of money to fix."

I nervously laughed "I don't really... Have money..."

He chuckled "I realize. Anyways, you're wanted for a larger amount of money than what the town costs. But you're in luck Miss Crimson. Our guild hasn't had the best reputation for a long while but, with a powerful wizard like you our reputation would thrive. We'd not only get more job requests but, we'd get more members as well. So? What do you say? Join Phoenix Claw or prison."

"Yeah, yeah. I've already agreed to join okay? So, hurry up and stamp me with the insignia." I said, waving my hand back in forth vertically trying to speed things up.

"Alright, but there is one last thing I wish to discuss with you. With that demon inside you, how much of your magic powers can you truly use right now?" After he spoke, the silence grew as my heart dropped to my stomach.

"How did you-"
"I pick these things up. So tell me."

I looked down in aggravation and clenched my fists, "Only about twenty five percent..." I was so frustrated that I was telling this giant old guy my weakness.

"I see... Just keep taming that temper of yours and Fico won't be able to communicate with you. And as the saying goes 'out of sight, out of mind'."

I clenched my fists tighter, "I know you're the master or whatever but, I don't need any advice from an old geezer!"

I started running towards the door but before I could leave he replied, "Don't let that necklace of yours break. Or I'll have to kill you." I shut the door, those words echoed through my body... 'Or I'll have to kill you'...

"Hey, Fiona? Why are you just standing there, come get your insignia done." Javion waved his hand in my face as he released me from the water cuffs he had me in. "While you're in the guild you don't have to wear those but outside there's no question about it, okay?" He explained.

"Whatever..." I walked past him down the stairs.

"Geez what's got her panties in a bunch?" I heard him comment as I walked away. But I was too upset to come up with a remark.

Once I reached the first floor I looked around to see Bev waving at me. "Fiona! Come over here, I'll stamp you with the insignia. Where do you want it."

I've always wanted to join a guild. But I didn't think it possible once I realized there was a demon inside of me. I lifted my shirt up and pointed to the right of my stomach. "Here."

"Oh, what an interesting place." She took out a small printing machine and stamped my stomach with it. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh from how ticklish I was in that area but, that's where I've always wanted an insignia.

I looked over to see Javion turn a slight shade of pink. But when I looked at him he just stuck his tongue out at me. So I did the same.

Next thing I know I'm being dragged out of the guild in water cuffs by Bev and Javion into the town... As we're walking on the cobblestone roads all the villagers are looking at me and gossiping. I look down and realize I'm still in a pink, frilly dress. My cheeks feel warmer as I look at the ground in embarrassment.

"What's wrong little princess?" Javion smirks.

"Shut it, perv! What're we even doing in town? And why do I have to wear this frilly dress?" I felt my cheeks turn redder.