Chapter 81: Loyalty-Part Three

At once, Wei WuXian folded the two pieces of paper and put them back into his lapels, exclaiming, "Am I seeing right? I can't believe you still have your spiritual powers! Congrats, congrats. But I'd like to ask you-if you aren't up to no good, why did you hide the fact that you didn't lose your spiritual powers?"

Of course, the two pieces of paper weren't torn pages from Collection of Turmoil, but instead the strange melody that Jin GuangYao played, noted down by Lan WangJi back in the Room of Forbidden Books. At the time, Lan WangJi left one copy for Lan XiChen to compare and examine, while Wei WuXian put away the two copies of his and Lan WangJi's, taking them with him. He happened to have been able to use it to trick Su She so that he grew suspicious and irritated. Along with him purposely mocking Su She beforehand, provoking him again and again, he became impatient as expected. In the end, without Wei WuXian having to say anything, Lan WangJi simply tossed out a surprise attack, and Su She exposed himself.

Everyone darted out of the way. In reality, it wasn't necessary. When Lan WangJi attacked, it was the same as when Wei WuXian spoke, pressing and unsparing. Su She had to use all his abilities so as to not be defeated. He staggered all the way up to the stairs. Looking down, he happened to see the red array under his feet. Lan WangJi's brows knit together.

Wei WuXian thought to himself, Oh no, he's going to destroy the array that was just mended!

As he thought, Su She bit down on his tongue, held blood in his mouth, and spat it toward the ground. The splatter of the blood covered the red, darkening lines. Lan WangJi could no longer care about the fight with him. Slicing his left hand on Bichen's glare, he tried to repaint the array. Su She used the chance to take out a talisman and throw it onto the ground. Smoke and blue flames arose.

A transportation talisman!

The mist-faced person from the YueyangChang Sect's cemetery was familiar with the GusuLan Sect's sword techniques, while Su MinShan was a foreign disciple of the GusuLan Sect's, in correspondence with this condition. The mist-faced person who had appeared so many times was none else but Su She!

Wei WuXian got down beside Lan WangJi, "How is it?"

Lan WangJi painted on the ground for a while with his bleeding finger, then shook his head. The new blood had already completely covered and ruined the original array. It was impossible to mend. Wei WuXian took his hand and wiped off the dirt and blood on it with his own sleeve, "Stop trying if it's useless."

The array was on the verge of being completely destroyed. The disciples from the MolingSu Sect had blank looks on their faces. It seemed that Su She neither told them that he was playing the wrong melodies nor any way to prevent their spiritual powers from being drained. This meant that in the original plan, the MolingSu Sect's disciples, like the others, were supposed to die. They were scared that other people would want to seek revenge upon them due to the hatred, and huddled into one small group. Yet, everyone was already panicked within the Demon-Slaughtering Cave. Nobody had the spare energy for any revenge.

A few sect leaders clutched onto their sons, cautioning them, "When the corpses rush inside all at once, protect yourself and try to get out. Stay alive no matter what! You understand?!"

As Jin Ling heard this, he felt himself cringe, but somewhere deep down he hoped that his uncle would say something similar as well. He waited for a while, but nothing came from Jiang Cheng, so he couldn't help but glare at him. He glared for too long, and Jiang Cheng finally turned to him.

He seemed a bit less gloomy, but he frowned, "What's wrong with your eyes?"

"..." Jin Ling was quite annoyed, "Nothing!"