Chapter 82: Loyalty-Part Four

Wei WuXian turned around and dashed in the directly of the blood pool. Lan WangJi followed closely at his side. The red spirit-summoning flag on the white robe was indeed the best target. Not a single corpse took notice of anyone else, completely ignoring all of the living humans that brushed by it, rushing red-eyed toward Wei WuXian alone.

The corpses advanced one after another. The path that Wen Ning cleared up was always quickly filled up by other corpses, and so he'd rush back and clear it again. Over half of the people inside the Demon-Slaughtering Cave hadn't had the time to leave yet. Some of them were still unable to walk. They watched as Bichen's sword glare swept across the cave again and again, rows of corpses severed into chunks as the next row pressed on. Cries and wails echoed, almost flying above the ceiling of the Cave.

Soon, the corpses had surrounded Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi, making it difficult for them to approach the blood pool. The mountains of corpses on the sides grew higher and higher, and the circle that surrounded them shrunk as well. The juniors were all burning with worry. They all returned, swords unsheathed.

Lan JingYi saw that someone was waving his sword as he rushed outside, "Could you please help? If you can still pick up your sword, could you please come help?! Just a little bit is enough!"

The person, "Get lost!!!"

Lan SiZhui, "Let it go, JingYi, we are fine on our own!"

Having heard their voices, Wei WuXian shouted, "Wen Ning!!! Throw them out!!!"

Wen Ning, "Yes!"

He grabbed Lan JingYi with one hand and, just as he was about to grab Lan SiZhui with the other, Lan SiZhui spoke to him, "General Ghost, I cannot go, let me stay here!!! Or else I would regret it for my entire life!!!"

The moment they made eye contact with each other, Wen Ning's body froze. Seeing that he wasn't going to catch him anymore, Lan SiZhui immediately took up his sword and turned around. Lan JingYi and the others took the chance to get past him as well. Almost being picked up, Jin Ling was dragged outside, brushing shoulder with many corpses. All of these corpses were attracted to the flag on Wei WuXian, staring at that one direction with red eyes and ignoring them.

Jin Ling shouted, "Uncle! I..."

Jiang Cheng's voice was drenched in ice, "If you dare go back there, don't call me your uncle anymore."

Jin Ling stared at him hard. Jiang Cheng threw him onto the ground, shouting, "Stay here!" He himself, on the other hand, took up Sandu and rushed back inside the Demon-Slaughtering Cave.

Jin Ling paused in hesitation before calling after him, "Uncle, wait for me!" Despite the warning, he still followed.

On the other hand, within the Demon-Slaughtering Cave, the area that surrounded Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi had already shrunken to no greater than ten feet in width.

Bichen's sword glare was still bright and clear, and the fires of the talisman burned incessantly as well. However, there were just too many corpses!

Just as Wei WuXian tossed out a handful of talismans, he sensed that there was danger. Looking to the side, as he expected, a fierce corpse had crawled up a pile of corpses near the two. Mouth hanging open, it threw itself at him. Wei WuXian's hands were empty. He cursed and searched inside his sleeve, but nothing was there. His heart immediately skipped a beat.

He had used up all of his talismans!

Lan WangJi noticed the danger over there as well. Just as he was about to attack it with his sword, he suddenly heard a scream. The fierce corpse broke into two in midair.