Atlantis

song; Atlantis
artist; Seafret

sanvers breakup :(

The birds have left their trees
The light pours onto me
I can feel you lying there all on your own
We got here the hard way
All those words that we exchange
Is it any wonder things can broke?

"Can you do that again? Can you go a couple more rounds cause I can't"
A tear drops down Alex's face.
"Are you ever going to want kids?" She manages to let out.
Maggie sighs "I want you.."
Alex breathes in "yeah, but I want kids, I'm always going to want kids."
A tears drops down Maggies face, she breathes in deeply "Then there's nothing else left, you have to say it.."
Alex looks into Maggies eyes, silently pleading for a way out of this mess.
"You have to say it out loud, please." Maggie begged.
"We can't be together." Alex's voice broke and the tears she tried so hard to hold in fell down her face.

'Cause in my heart and in my head
I'll never take back the things I said
So high above, I feel it coming down
She said, in my heart and in my head
Tell me why this has to end
Oh, no
Oh, no

"What are we doing?" Maggie questions. Alex laughs "yeah that was crazy." Alex smiles lightly, playing with the ring on her finger. "No what are we doing?Are you sure you want to give up on this? You sure you wanna do this? Give up on something tangible and real us, it's us for some notion you have of being a mother?" Maggie sighs. "It's not some notion. Ever since I was little when I would see a mom and her kids this thing would happen to me. You know, it's recognition that I was going to be a mom, too. And it wasn't some, you know Oh I want that or I hope someday I have that. No it's just something I've always known. Even when everything else, whether it was boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever, when- when that was blurry the part of me being a mom, that's always been crystal clear."

I can't save us, my Atlantis, we fall
We built this town on shaky ground
I can't save us, my Atlantis, oh, no
We built it up to pull it down

"That's everything" Maggie sighed
"You sure you have a place to stay?" Alex questioned nervously
"Yeah, I have a friend who's letting me crash." Maggie tried to smile, even with her best efforts she still shed a tear. "Good, that's good"  Alex replied, her voice shaking. "You know, I didn't, uh I didn't know I had it in me to be happy. Or to be accepting of myself. I never would've gotten- I never would have gotten hear without you". Alex being to sob. "You made me deal with my own stuff, confronted my past. Stopped covering up the things I didn't want to look at."  Maggie paused her voice begining to break. "I'm strong, I'm stronger for it, you know". Maggie sniffled "I'm really grateful, thank you". Maggie smiled a bit. "Can I?" Alex asked opening her arms to give the smaller woman a hug. "Yeah you can." Maggie smiled. After hugging for a while Maggie went to leave. "See ya around, Danvers." "Yeah, yeah see ya Maggs." Alex replied. Maggie began to walk away but looked back, "Your gonna be  a great mom". The door closes and Alex sits down her back against the door and begins to cry.

Now all the birds have fled
The hurt just leaves me scared
Losing everything I've ever known
It's all become to much
Maybe I'm not built for love
If I knew that I could reach you, I would go

Later that night Alex met Kara at the bar. "You remember when you said that, uh if I lost Maggie, that I would be at a bar drinking? That I would be broken? S-s-score one uh from the girl from Krpyton". Alex smiled sheepishly.

I can't save us, my Atlantis, we fall
We built this town on shaky ground
I can't save us, my Atlantis, oh, no
We built it up to pull it down