Chapter 3

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. My hand is throbbing and my body feels like it's about to give out underneath me. I wonder what Olivia thought when they ran over my hand. Did she laugh. Maybe she felt bad. But it doesn't matter anymore. I just want to finish high school.

I finished my cup of coffee and put on one my large sweatshirts, a pair of jeans and my old beat up shoes. I grabbed my backpack and put Astro on his leash. We picked up the dogs and walked them. Luckily I can walk all these dogs one handed, but it still hurts like hell.

I dropped the dogs off and went to my car. I really don't want to go to school. I pulled into the parking lot and sighed before getting out. This place scares me so much. I never feel safe. I walked to my locker and carefully put my stuff away. I made it to my class and walked in. A few people looked at me with pity and it made me want to leave. I sat down and listened to the teacher.

I went to my classes scared as hell that Avery might find me. I walked to my last class and saw Avery with Olivia outside. He smirked and tripped me on my way in. I whimpered landing on my hand and got up feeling a tear fall from my eyes. I covered my face until class started. I could feel Olivia's eyes on me and I gave up.

"What?" I asked harshly looking over at her. She looked back at the teacher and I felt my heart sink. I don't understand how she could just act like we weren't best friends for 13 years. I still wonder about her mom and if she was able to get past her fear of needles while she was in medical school. Or if her dad ever finished restoring his beautiful 67' Chevrolet Chevelle

I sighed and tried to focus but I was so sad and angry. Why does she have to date Avery Holt of all people. The person that enjoys seeing me in more pain then I can handle. I whimpered slightly digging my thumb into my hand. I just want to feel something. I want to scream. Class finally ended and I walked out as fast as I could. I made it out to my car. Wow I was only tripped today.

I screamed loudly on the drive to my house and put Astro on his leash as soon as I got to the house. We picked up the dogs and started our walk. Everything is so painful. We walked for a while before I dropped the dogs off. I went home and sighed seeing my dads car in the garage. I walked into my house shaking slightly. Please be nice today. We walked towards the stairs but I was grabbed roughly by the shoulder. Hi dad. He turned me to look at him and punched me in the cheek.

"Missed you yesterday" he said and punched me again. I fell to the ground and yelped loudly landing on my hand again. "What'd you do to yourself boy?" He asked and grabbed my hand roughly making me yelp in pain. "Go to the doctor after school tomorrow." He said and kicked me hard in the stomach before walking into the kitchen.

Thank god it wasn't bad, I don't think I could handle it. I got up and limped to my room to see Astro spred across my bed.

"You are way too big." I smiled and he started wagging his tail. I laid down next to him and he kissed me. I love this dog. I grabbed my backpack and started doing my homework. I'm getting better at writing with my left hand. I finally finished my homework and laid down next to Astro. "Goodnight big guy." I mumbled and he kissed my face again making me chuckle. I fell asleep holding him closer to me.