Chapter 12

I guess I'm going home today. I didn't sleep well last night and the sun is coming up now. Olivia is cuddled up against me and Astro's behind me. I pulled Olivia in closer to me and tried to calm my mind. I need my pills. I carefully got out of bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I took my pills before walking back upstairs. I laid back down between Astro and Olivia. It only took a minute for Astro to lay across my stomach and the next minute Olivia laid her head on my chest. I put my hand on her back and tried to sleep. I need at least a full hour. I drifted off to sleep feeling Olivias warm breath on my skin. I woke up when Astro jumped up on the bed. I opened my eyes to see Olivia softly tracing the scars on my torso. I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me. She looks broken.

"I'm okay, I promise. Please don't worry about me." I said sadly and she cuddled in closer. I want her to be okay. She will be better off without me anyway. She has friends and a great family. She can have anything she wants and she deserves that. I'm not so lucky. I try to do good but I only get hurt. I can't rope her into my messy life. But I love her. I held her and kissed the top of her head. "I should probably go soon." I mumbled looking at the clock. 9:46 am.

"Can't we just lay here for a couple more hours." She asked quietly. I shook my head but still held her close. "I don't see why you have to go back there at all." She asked sadly and I shrugged.

"He's my dad. I can't just leave him." I mumbled. I heard her scoff and she pulled away.

"But look at what he's done to you." She said kind of angrily. I shrugged and she sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling, it's just that that isn't what a father should do. They are there to make you laugh or to teach you things, not to beat you and make you wish you were dead. I think you could be happy if you just stayed here." She begged.

"I can't okay, can you just leave it alone." I said annoyed. I can't leave. He will never let me be free and I don't want to put her in danger. She mumbled a sorry and got up. It's over. I pulled on some pants before putting on my sweater. "I had a great few days with you. Thank you for that." I said with a small smile. She nodded weakly while she put on her shoes. I grabbed my bags and Astro before getting my pills and Astro's things. I met up with Olivia in the living room.

"Ready?" She asked sadly and I nodded. We walked out to her car and she started the drive to my house. I don't know what's going to happen once I see my dad. I tried to calm down but I can't. We finally got to my house and I whimpered slightly when I got out of the car. Olivia looked over at me concerned. I ignored it and grabbed my bags and Astro.

"Thank you." I mumbled. I looked at her and put my bags on the ground. I hugged her softly and she hugged me back. I love her so much. "I don't know if I'll have another chance to tell you this, so I just wanted to say-" I mumbled but my dads voice boomed.

"Get your ass in here Noah!" I heard him yell. Well fuck. I pulled away and grabbed my bags. I mumbled a small sorry before turning towards my dad.

"What were you gonna tell me?" She asked sadly. I looked back over at her and back at my dad making me sigh.

"Never mind." I said weakly and walked through my front door. It will be better this way. My dad slammed the door behind me before grabbing me by the neck.

"Where have you been!" He yelled and punched me in the jaw. I yelped and felt a tear leave my eye.

"The hospital." I mumbled weakly. He chuckled and punched me again before throwing me on the ground.

"You were released 4 days ago!" He yelled and kicked me. I felt a crack and started whimpering. It hurts so bad. I tried to curl up in a ball but it just made it worse. My whimpers turned to gasps and I felt my head get light.

"Help me." I muttered quietly. My vision started getting foggy and soon went dark.