The Bottle

The neck of a bottle rotated a few times and finally pointed at Brett, followed by a burst of laughter.
"Ha! Brett!"
Brett lowered his head and sighed. Then he put his head in his hands in played (maybe played) despair. He knew that everyone is going to enjoy him suffer for real 'cause today he was really mean with his questions and tasks for the others.

Yes. They were playing that so unpopular drinking game called Bottle. The rules were easy.

N.1: Choose between a question or a task.

N.2: Answer the question truthfully/fulfill the task or you're forced to drink.

Between friends the game wasn't necessarily drinking. Normally instead of drinking you had to strip off one part of your clothes, but they weren't that close, and Eddy and Brett were too shy to strip off in front of their violin idols so they sticked up to this idea.

The one, who was now at turn with giving him a question, was Jordon. Brett could almost hear that malevolent laugh. When Jordon was in charge, both options were a direct ticket to hell. He lingered between the question and task for a short while, then chose a question.

"So, Brett... I'm really curious... so tell me..." Jordon was playfully delaying the question. "How many times did you secretly like someone but hadn't confessed? And, if possible, who?" was the final question. Everyone in the room bursted in laughter. Brett froze. Gosh. Jordon was fuguin' good in this. Brett knew too well who and unfortunately this person was also the only one, for whom Brett had unrequited feelings. Long story short, Brett was secretly in love with his best friend Eddy.

For a few moments, Brett was still like an ice sculpture, after what he began nervously crossing corner of the room, searching for a safe spot to look at, while trying to falsely giggle.

"Brett! Answer! How many times?" insisted Jordon. Brett looked at him and lowered his head.

"Thrice." he mumbled and hid his head into his palms. Eddy gasped for air. "Bro! Who was the third one? I remember you told me about that blonde from middle school and I also remember you looking at Charlotte at uni, but you never mentioned anyone other!" he said. Brett couldn't look him in the eyes. Jordan also didn't know. Brett just looked at them and simply stated: "I can't tell you about the third person. I really can't."

For cutting off any more questions, Brett grabbed the bottle and spined it for a few times. The bottle now pointed at Eddy. As Brett had to keep his face, he clapped in happiness and started to think about possibilities to tasks. Fortunately, Eddy chose a task. Brett let him play the Flight of the Bumblebee with a wide smile and just on two strings. Meanwhile Eddy was struggling with a fake smile, Brett had a moment to settle his composure. After a while, the screeching became unbearable Brett finally admitted, that Eddy did not fulfilled his task, and set him free from it. Eddy drank from his glass and game continued.

A few rounds passed and the bottle pointed again at Brett. The one, who was now in charge, was Ray. Brett was afraid, what could Ray make up as a task, so he chose a question. Ray just rubbed his hands and said: "Is the last person, you secretly liked, in this room?" Ray must have been sure Brett secretly liked Hilary, which wasn't technically wrong. Brett really admired her, that's for sure. But to secretly love her? To worsen his situation, Brett's face uncontrollably blushed.

"No?" said Brett, trying to save himself. But who could have believed him after that damned blush?

"That's definitely a yes." stated Ray. Brett knew it was impossible to convince to think the opposite. But maybe it's better to let them think the person (who is actually Eddy) is Hilary. For supporting this idea of his, he let the blush come out in full package and nervously grabbed the bottle.