11

Tony's House

Tony walked into his living room, waiting for Pepper to come back, so in the meantime, he thought he could watch something with Emma. "Emma? Where are you? Wanna watch some Aurora?" Tony exclaimed so that wherever she was, she could hear him but then his phone started to ring. He picked it up and sat down to see it was Pepper.

"Tony?" Pepper asked when he picked up the phone but there was a loud ring. Tony's face went pale as purple veins started to cover his face and blood come down from his ears.

"Tony are you there? Is Emma okay? Tell me she's okay," Pepper said but Obadiah took the phone and hung up. Emma was about to turn the corner when she saw Obadiah hovering over Tony as he turned off the tech. She hid behind the wall, and breathed heavily, listening in on their conversation.

"You remember this one, right? It's a shame the government didn't approve of it. There are so many applications for causing short-term paralysis. Tony. When I ordered the hit on you, I worried that I was killing the golden goose," Obadiah said as Emma poked her head around the corner, but just to see Obadiah use a type of extraction to remove the arc reactor from Tony.

He groaned in pain and Emma covered her mouth as tears started developing in her eyes. "I was even more worried that I was going to be killing the golden goose's heir when I had planned to kill Emma in a car accident, but you decided to come home that day. So, you see, it was just fate that you survived that. Because now Emma lived. But you had one last golden egg to give. Do you really think that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you? Your father, he helped give us the atomic bomb. Now, what kind of world would it be today if he was as selfish as you?" Obadiah asked as he pulled out the wires on Tony. "Oh, it's beautiful. Tony, this is your Ninth Symphony. What a masterpiece. Look at that. This is your legacy. A new generation of weapons with this at its heart. Weapons that will help steer the world back on course, put the balance of power in our hands. The right hands. If only you and Emma would be able to see the prototype. But you never will. Emma will die because of you, Tony. Because you had to fool around," Obadiah said and Tony eyed him, with anger in his eyes and Obadiah was satisfied.

Tony was angry but couldn't do anything about it. Emma was shaking in terror that the man who was almost like a uncle wanted to kill her just so he could be the CEO of the company. "It's not as...Well, not as conservative as yours. Too bad you had to involve Pepper in this. I would have preferred that she lived," Obadiah said as he got up and Emma hid behind the wall again. "Oh, Emma? Where are you? Uncle Obie is here to talk to yah!" he exclaimed but she was quiet and didn't say anything. "EMMA!" Obadiah yelled as he walked towards the corner she was hiding.

She quietly ran down the hall and turned the corner. "Where are you? I know you're here," he said sternly before looking back at Tony. "I'll be back," he said before leaving.

Once he had left, Emma ran into the living room with her eyes full of tears. "Daddy!" she exclaimed and he eyed her but he couldn't move. "Daddy!" she exclaimed again but he didn't say anything. "Daddy you have to move! You have to save Mommy!" she exclaimed in tears but he still didn't do anything or say anything. She fell into his chest, crying.

Rhodey's Car

"What do you mean, he paid to have Tony killed?" Rhodey asked on the phone, talking to Pepper. "Pepper, slow down. Why would Obadiah-" he started to ask but Pepper explained everything. "Okay, where's Tony now?"

Stark Industries

Pepper was walking to a car with agents on the phone with Rhodey. "I don't know. He's not answering his phone. But Emma is with him. Please go over there and make sure everything's okay. Thank you, Rhodey," she said before hanging up.