Chapter 2

It's been four weeks since that strange two days, when Anna met Loki. For the first few days after he left, Emily kept on asking about Leo and Anna kept on explaining that he needed to go back to work. She wasn't sure whether Emily was buying it, but after a few days she just stopped asking and turned her mind to something else, to Anna's relief. She just wanted to forget and get back on the tracks of the daily routine, struggle with the customers, sheep and workers – not necessarily in that order. It was tiresome, but she loved it and even getting to 'touch' that bigger world and adventure when he was here, firmed up her mind even more – this is where she belonged, on this farm, running a family business.
She did however, every now and then, ran in her mind to that moment when they kissed in the kitchen and wondered what could have happened if it did not end with that kiss... but then she would end up feeling angry at herself for even venturing that thought and would quickly go back to whatever she was doing in that moment. She needed to forget... she will get there eventually. This is at least what she hoped for.
The day seemed like any other; Anna finished the daily tour around the premises, talked to Mr. Jenkins and agreed to meet him the next day. Apparently he had some complaints about the sheep he bought from them four weeks ago; actually on the day Loki left. "You are thinking about him again," she reprimanded herself. Anna made a note in her mind to bring all the medical certificates of the sheep to the meeting with Jenkins. She will not allow him to question the quality of what she is selling. The phone rang. That was her brother Sam.
"Anna, could you please pick up Emily from the bus stop today? Alice is at the doctor and I will not be ready with the work by then," he asked in a pleading tone.
"Sure, Sam, no problem," Anna answered surprised. "Is everything alright?"
"Yes, I just promised Emily I would pick her up... If you go, the disappointment will be less..."
"I will pick her up. What time is the school bus coming?" She looked at the clock.
"It's at three. You still have two hours."
"OK, I'll pick her up and can give her dinner. I'm just taking the lasagne out of the oven."
"You are my savior! Thanks, Anna!" and he hung up.
Anna smiled. Emily liked lasagne, so she should not be disappointed with that either. She opened the oven and was just about to take the food out, when she felt someone's presence in the kitchen. She took the lasagne out of the oven, put it, steaming, on the counter and then she slowly turned around.
There he was, sitting in the same chair he sat four weeks ago. This time there was even a smile on his face.
"Busy as always, I see."
Anna did not answer, instead just leaned against the counter. This time he was in earthly cloths, not jeans though. She guessed that was not his style. He had a dark suit on.
"Nice outfit," Anna said trying to buy some time, as she did not know what to think nor say.
"Yes, well... I gathered you would not want me to walk around in the green one and the horns..."
"Why are you here?" she interrupted him. She was doing so well, trying to forget him. And now, ta-da, here he was again, walking into her kitchen like a normal person. He stood up and walked towards her. Anna wanted to back away instinctively, but she was already with her back against the counter.
"I felt like we have some unfinished... business," Loki said in a low voice as he stood very close to her, their bodies touching. She swallowed and he could see that she is considering something in her mind, just for a second. Anna had to admit that she did wonder what would have happened if they did not stop at the kiss the last time...
"One way to find out," she whispered to herself and took his hand. "Come." She pulled him towards the bedroom. Once there, she closed the door and looked at him. He seemed a bit surprised and amused. "What!?" Anna asked smiling. "I assume that by 'unfinished business' you did not mean talking about family and friends, did you?"
"No..." he answered, pulled her close and kissed her. The same way she remembered.
She wrapped her legs around him as he lifted her gently. He put her on the bed and started taking her clothes off, slowly. He was so focused on that and on her, as if nothing else existed. It was very sexy and at the same time gave her that warm feeling. Anna tried not to think who exactly she is kissing right now. Instead she just bit into his lips.
To him she seemed so fragile, but then at the same time she was so confident and knew what she wanted. As they started making love, she pulled him closer. She looked at him so passionately. He never felt so desired, so wanted as in that very moment.