two

"You smell really nice." Mike said as Peter tucked him into bed. The blond hippie's hair falling into Mike's face. It smelled like baby shampoo and earthy herbs.  Homey.  Peter was walking to leave when Mike startled him.
"Wait."
Peter turned and looked at Mike.
"Can...you stay in my room? Micky can bunk with Davy." Mike wouldn't look Peter in the eye but he could tell Mike was still scared and tense and sick.  So Peter put on some pajama pants and climbing into bed with Mike.
     It felt...different. Peter didn't ever think he'd get so close to Mike yet here he was,  laying in bed right beside him. A smile spread across Peter's face when he recalled what Mike said just minutes before.
"Thank you," Peter breathed. He forgot Mike may he asleep. He wasn't.
"Peter?" Mike said with a small voice. He sounded scared so Peter rolled to face Mike on his side and stroked Mike's face.
"Yes, Michael?" Peter asked.
"I haven't slept since I left Texas, last year. I mean I've passed out from exhaustion but it's not the same thing, really." Mike spilled out. Peter couldn't really tell because the dark but Mike's eyes were wide and wild. He still appeared lost and not fully there.
"Oh?" Peter inquired.  Threading his long fingers in Mike's hair. Mike seemed to enjoy it, as he leaned into Peter's chest and made sounds of approval.  They laid there, cuddling. Peter trying to think about what exactly is wrong with his friend. But his thoughts drifted from his consciousness as Peter dipped into sleep.
     It didn't last very long because Peter was jolted awake by the tossing and turning and groans of his sleeping partner.  The texan mumbled and spazzed out, basically fighting himself in a dazed sleep. Peter tried to get him to reach reality.  He finally climbed on top of Micheal to get him still. Peter hesitated for a moment.
"Damn. Never thought I'd make it this far."  Peter thought than shook it off.
"Mike. Mike. Micheal wake up." Peter said into Mike's face. Tears and crying broke from Mike as he came out of his episode.  Peter dismounted Mike and cradled him in his arms again. Peter went to kiss Mike's cheek,  but Mike turned, causing Peter to kiss him on the lips. He pulled away, stunned.
"I love you Michael,  and I'm gonna make sure you're okay. " Peter said aloud.  "But I'm also going to make sure you're mine."