12.

One week later.
•••

•••

Jooheon's POV

A couple of hours later Changkyun came to the studio. Conveniently enough it was when our other friends had already left. So we were there alone.

Kyun rushed in and threw his book bag in the corner of the studio and quickly took a seat. He immediately smiled at me, "Okay what's this idea you had?"

I laughed, "Okay... So... I kinda wanted you to sing on my song. Hear me out, I really wanted to harmonize with you for the chorus."

Changkyun stared back at me blankly and I nervously smiled.

"Uh... well let me hear what you have so far." He said.

I played the song from the beginning of the chorus. So far it only had my vocals but I was hoping Changkyun would agree to add his deeper more sultry vocals to the track.

"See. I don't know but it doesn't have the vibe I was going for. And I really think your deeper voice would set the mood for the song."

"Yea I see what you mean," Changkyun said with his hand on his chin. I could tell from his expression he was hesitant. But I genuinely enjoyed his voice and was hoping he would try it out.

"Look I know how you feel about singing. But just think of the song you did for me as like... the first step," I said with a smile, "You have to do the things you don't feel comfortable doing in order to feel comfortable doing them, no?"

He giggled and looked at me, "I don't get what you just said but sure. I'll try it and see how I like it. But please promise me that if I don't like how it sounds you'll just erase me off the track?"

"Ha yea sure."

Changkyun frowned at me, "Promise."

"Okay promise, but you'll sound fine."

•••

A couple of hours later and we were done recording his parts to fit exactly how I wanted. I was a bit of a perfectionist in the process but the hard work just felt like fun with him there. As we were saving all of our work and cleaning up I couldn't stop looking at Changkyun. He always looked so cute. I shook it off as we finished.

"Let's go out for burgers or something. I'll pay since you sang on my song for me, yea?"

"It's the least you could do, you had me working for hours here." Changkyun said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes in exchange.

I stuffed the last of my things in my bag and we walked out.

"That place that has the really good shakes isn't too far do you wanna go there?" I asked. I turned around to see Kyun behind me trying to catch up and I laughed at him.

"Hey! You were walking too fast." Kyun said pouting.  I started teasing him by speed walking backwards and he chased after me. When he caught up he jumped on my back and I nearly fell.

At this point we couldn't stop laughing as we continued to walk and push each other. "Hey you're too rough with me." Kyun said.

"Shut up you've been working out with Wonho, you can take it."

A couple moments later we arrived at the restaurant and we got seated. After we ordered we continued to talk.

"Oh so how are things with that guy going?" Changkyun asked.

"Uh not much progress." I said looking away. Changkyun continued to look at me with a straight face.

"Have you even tried to make a move or tell him how you feel?"

"The crush is one sided, why would I?" I said. This was starting to annoy me and it was becoming obvious.

"It doesn't hurt to try. You're in college and haven't lost you're virginity, you need to have a sense of urgency."

"Changkyun, it isn't about sex to me. I want a genuine connection and relationship with someone."

"Hm. Who is this guy anyways? Why won't you tell us. Especially me. You tell me everything I thought we were best friends." Changkyun said, starting to pout to get his way.

"Gross don't do that." I said rolling my eyes, "You'd be disappointed if I told you who it was."

"Do I hate this person or something?"

"No."

"Then tell me. I'm not gonna stop asking."

"You irritate me." I said crossing my arms. I knew damn well he doesn't irritate me.

"A hint?"

"Well... he's a music major." Hopefully he'll finally shut up with one hint.

"That could be soooo many people." He said starting to whine.

"It's you, you're my crush." I said sternly.

"Shut up and be serious with me."

"It doesn't matter, I need to get over it and continuing to talk about it isn't helping." I said. And with that we changed the subject and finished up our food.