7

A week later, Hyukjae finally discharged from the hospital, he happily packed his things along with Yesung.

"Hyung I'm so excited to come home." Yesung smiled, he can finally see Hyukjae healthy and okay. "And hyung.... Can you join me tonight?" Hyukjae added.

"Why? Where are you going?"

"I'm planning to court someone, can you come with me?" Yesung's heart was shattered as he heard that, he's right,there's no way that his feelings would be noticed by Hyukjae, it will never be reciprocated by him. "O-Oh, really? Sure. Good luck then."

Hyukjae was very happy to tell the news to his bestfriend, while the other, was trying his best to fake a smile.

💙💙💙

Hyukjae quickly drifted himself into sleep, it's really tiring since he's been into the hospital and can't really sleep because he's uncomfortable.

Yesung was sitting at the edge of the bed, watching his bestfriend as he started overthinking.

What if he'll forget me when that someone said yes?

What if he'll abandon me?

What if--

Yesung suddenly felt a pair of arms on his body, it was Hyukjae. Smiling at the older. "Hyung, are you sad?" Hyukjae asked, then silence filled the room.

"I think so...."

"Why are you sad?" Yesung started to think for something to answer Hyukjae, it should not be the truth, he should remain as a bestfriend forever. "I..... Don't know...." Hyukjae's hug became tighter, but tighter enough to comfort the older. "Don't be sad, I'm here. Forever and always."

"I know, but--" Yesung froze as Hyukjae pulled him closer to his face, he can feel the breath of the younger. "I said don't be.... Don't worry, I'm always here." Yesung then felt his lips warm, then he realized that his lips were connecting with the younger. It took him seconds to respond, since he was very shocked. I mean, how would a bestfriend expect this kind of thing?

Yesung's lips moved along with Hyukjae's, the older's hands were on the neck of the younger, while the younger was gripping on his waist.

The kiss took seconds, almost like a minute before Yesung broke it, he can't dare to look at the younger's eyes, he really can't. "I-I'm so sorry hyung...."

"N-No, don't be.... It's okay. Go back to sleep." Yesung gave him a reassuring smile, but a fake one. Hyukjae just didn't noticed it.

"O-Okay then, you should sleep too." Yesung nodded, as Hyukjae closed his eyes, the older touched his own lips because of the thing that happened earlier. It's still afternoon so Yesung have still time to sleep.

Hyukjae, on the other hand, was still awake, feeling sorry of what he did to Yesung. He hoped that his plan will be successful, at least.

💙💙💙

"Hyung, we gotta hurry~"

"Do I really have to come with you?"

Hyukjae nodded.

"Fine. Give me a sec." Hyukjae nodded and sat on the couch while waiting for the older. Yesung just wore a blue turtleneck and a black jeans, he will be just an assistant anyway.

"Let's go...." Yesung said with sadness plastered on his smile. Hyukjae nodded and opened the door for Yesung.

The two walked quietly, but this time, they felt awkward.

"H-Hyung, about what happened earlier.... I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm fine with it. By the way, what should I do when we get there?" Yesung looked at Hyukjae with confusion, "You'll see." Hyukjae smiled, but deep inside he's nervous. He tried his best to smile confidently to his bestfriend. "Hey, you nervous?"

"Actually, yes I am." Yesung gave him a pat on his back, "It will be fine. Trust me."

In the middle of their walk, Hyukjae stopped at the quiet park, with tons of glimmering light, he took a deep breath and looked at Yesung straight in the eyes.

"Actually hyung...." He looked at the younger, curious of what he will say. "Actually what?"

"It's actually you hyung. I'm sorry that I felt this way for you, I hid this for years and just this time I took courage to tell you everything. I love you hyung, I really love you. Not just a friend but more than that." Yesung was shocked, tears forming in his eyes as he listened to the younger's words. "I'm nervous because what if you'll say no and leave me."

Yesung smiled and hugged Hyukjae, feeling very happy that he finally felt the same way as the older's. While Hyukjae was already crying.

"What if I'll say yes? What will you do?" Hyukjae looked at the older surprised and confused at his answer.

"I love you too Hyuk. Ever since when we were highschool." Hyukjae was never been happy, just now.

"So...."

"Yes Hyukjae, we're official."

And now, their feelings were finally justified.

💙💙💙

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE