Kokushibou

Author's Note: This is a special Christmas one shot for my absolutely wonderful and amazing friend — -chwuu !

I'm sorry that I'm unable to create a book for you, but I hope that this story will suffice for you. Please consider it a Christmas gift from me to you, considering that you've been so supportive all the way up till now.

Without further ado, please enjoy~!

________________________

"Kokucchan!" Koharu's sweet voice sounded from the room, a happy tone in her call as she bounced from one foot to another. Today marked the day of Christmas, and there were plenty of presents that were below the tree. All the Upper Moons, including Muzan himself were present today, which was definitely a surprise.

If Koharu could say so, it was a miracle that Akumu was even able to convince the King of Demons himself to come. Then again, her main priority was on Kokushibou for today. Her beloved significant other was sitting there, owlishly blinking at her with all six of his eyes. The atmosphere in the room was oddly very warm, considering that most of the time, Muzan was dead set on the Upper Moons retaining their respect and place. But, perhaps why he was so mild at the moment was because a certain Akumu was hanging off his back, her very happy smile softening the plum red eyed male's usual menacing demeanour.

Being very good friends with the female ravenette, Koharu had been informed of the Christmas gathering for the Upper Moons three weeks ago, and thankfully had plenty of time to hunt for an appropriate gift for the six eyed demon. Kokushibou was a very quiet and stoic demon, and that made choosing a gift for him very challenging. She had spent one week contemplating what to get him, another one week finding the best one, and the last week on finally deciding on her gift.

It had been tough hiding the present from Kokushibou, since he was a demon after all. He could sense when she was lying, and when she was hiding something. And that, she did not enjoy having to face at all. Koharu had barely dodged three interrogations from her husband, and two surprise attacks from him at night. All five experiences had left her internally huffing in relief, her heart hammering wildly.

It had taken so many failed attempts, so many tears and amount of sweat to finally get the gift. She also had to ask Akumu to ask Muzan to send Kokushibou on as many missions as possible in order to have the time and space alone to work on her gift. Baking a cake for the male demon, was definitely very tiring — especially since she didn't know how to cook. She also managed to find a pair of sunglasses that would fit him, by buying three pairs of the same sunglasses and sticking them together with superglue.

Hiding it in the one place that Kokushibou would never dare to enter — Akumu's house, was an ingenious idea of hers. Anyone would get killed if they stepped into her house anyways, and one could essentially tell why. No matter though, she had free clearance alongside Akaza and Douma.

Clearing her throat, a small smile made its way onto her face as Akaza challenged Douma to a gaming contest, a game of Mario Kart to be specific. Douma ended up winning, much to Akaza's displeasure and annoyance. The fits of laughter that sounded from Koharu caused the mood to lighten, and a happy and embarrassed smile appeared on her face. "Let's give out the presents now? Or should we eat some dinner first? Myself and Akumu worked hard on them." She pointed towards the heaps and stacks of food with a slight smile.

Whom would have expected that Kokushibou and Muzan ended up eating the most? Koharu knew that Kokushibou was soft for her cooking, but Muzan and Akumu? That was rather new to her, and a small smirk appeared on her face. However, her smirk soon disappeared when Kokushibou pulled her onto his lap and nuzzled his nose into her neck.

"Did you prepare a good gift for me? I really wished that you could have dolled yourself up well as my present instead. I would've have loved it the most." His husky voice sent shivers down her spine as the female slowly brought her own hands up to snake around his arms. The six eyed male's touch was always very warm and cozy, in contrast to the many infamous stereotypes of what demon slayers had listed out about demons.

Gyokko went first, and Daki was unfortunate enough to receive one of his potted works. Ironically though, it was to her liking — since on the pot was a beautifully carved form of her face with a smile, a very confident smirk in fact. The pot was dark in colour, but the outlining of her face was in a beautiful gold colour. A small squeal escaped her lips as she clutched the pot, thanking Gyokko with a very bright twinkle in her eyes.

The rest of the gifts that went by weren't much of an interesting gift. The usual cliché gifts of socks, scarves and wrapped goods. Muzan had given Akumu a beautiful necklace, Akumu had drawn something and bought a leather jacket for Muzan in return. And now, it was Kokushibou's turn.

Approaching her, the male placed a present into her hands, shyly mumbling something and looking away. Letting out a soft giggle, Koharu pulled him into her arms and began to open the present, feeling her heart explode at the sight.

A beautifully hand knitted black sweater, with Kokushibou and herself on the front. The details weren't perfect, but overall it looked absolutely perfect to her. He was hugging her under a lamp, and she had a radiant smile on her face as she hugged him back. The delight that she felt upon witnessing the sweater, it was immeasurable.

"I tried to knit a sweater for you, since you mentioned something about liking sweaters a lot. I'm sorry that it's not perfect though, and I just want to say that I. . . love you very much." The six eyed demon flushed heavily, looking down at his own hands slightly.

A soft squeal escaped Koharu's lips in delight as she tightly flung her arms around him, happily peppering kisses all over his face. Reaching over for her own present, she handed it over to her husband with a nervous and weird smile. As she watched Kokushibou's face split into a smile, all tensions and apprehensions gave way to relief and joy.

The beautifully decorated three tiered chocolate cake, with decorations that littered all over the place was one whole otherworldly masterpiece. Intricate little patterns, with symbols that represented her husband was all around the cake. At the top was a little star alongside the pair of improvised sunglasses, that was white in colour.

"I love it, Ko-chan. Thank you so much for this gift." Kokushibou's voice was a soft whisper of awe and delight, and he picked up the sunglasses, trying them on and letting a childish smile grace his face. Setting the gifts aside, he tackled her into a tight hug, an extremely out of character thing for him to do, and ignored the murmurs and sounds of wonder around him. Out of the corner of his eyes, the shooting star that fell down from the starry night sky seemed to make his eyes shine ever so slightly as he pressed his lips to Koharu's, cradling her closer.

"Thank you, Ko-chan. For making my life so much brighter and giving me the emotions that I never felt before, and for staying with me."

________________________

And that's the end of the Christmas special! I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for always being my best friend, and pillar of support for me. You're always here to listen to me whenever I need a listening ear, and I'm grateful to all that you've done for me.

Merry Christmas to all of you, and especially to you — -chwuu ! I hope you get well soon, and I hope we can get even closer. <3

Up next — Tsukiguni Yorichii

Till the next chapter, I'll see you reader around~.