xxv. we're meant to happen

CHAPTER TWENTYFIVE
[ xxv. WE'RE MEANT TO HAPPEN ]
REAL LIFE

THE 21ST OF DECEMBER had come rather quickly for Jessica Bolt. That meant that the party planned by Sophia Lillis would finally be taking place. Jesse Bolt was excited to see her friends. She hadn't seen Sophia, Finn, Jack, Jeremy, Chosen, and Wyatt in months. However, the excitement of seeing her friends didn't stop the nerves from eating her up. Jesse had also not seen Jaeden Martell in months, a boy who had wrecked her feelings for weeks. She wasn't sure how she would've coped without her best friends, whom she was extremely grateful for. Jesse was also extremely grateful for the fact that her three best friends stood in her room, scouring for a dress for the girl.

          Being her best friends, Lexi Jayde, Lily Chee, and Maddie Ziegler knew that Jesse Bolt hadn't seen Jaeden in months. So, as they examined her closet for a dress, they kept in mind that it had to be so great that it would make Jaeden regret his decision on ignoring the girl and screwing up his chance with her.

          They didn't tell Jesse that, that was what they were going for. Jesse would never allow it. Yeah, she was hurt by the boy and wanted revenge, but she was simply too sweet to do that to him. Jesse just thought her friends were so adamant on finding her a cute outfit because they wanted her to look good for pictures and also so that she looked good when meeting up with her friends that she hadn't seen in months. Oh, how naive she was.

          A squeal from Lexi caused the three other girls in the room's heads to go up. "Did you find something?" Maddie asked excitedly, seeing the red dress in her hands. Lily went on her tippy toes, not able to see the clothing item from the place she stood. Jesse did the same, next to the asian girl.

          "Look!" Lexi squealed once again, turning around and raising the dress so that her friends could see. "This is so cute!" (i put the picture of the dress😝💪)

          Jesse found herself giggling as all her friends looked at the dress in awe. It was nothing special, and she didn't understand why they were making such a big deal about it. She was interrupted from her thoughts when Lexi threw the piece of fabric at her, landing on her head and covering her eyesight, something that made the girls laugh.

          "Go change!" Maddie exclaimed, pointing at Jesse's bathroom.

          "Okay, okay!" Jesse smiled at her friend's excitement, beginning to walk into her bathroom. She didn't bother to lock the door, her friends had seen her in bikinis before, which was basically undergarments. There was no point in closing the door, but Jesse did so anyways, wanting some privacy while she changed.

          It was quite easy to slip the red dress on. It was a typical dress, just with a floral design. Jesse racked her brain, trying to remember when she had actually bought it. No date came to mind and she shrugged the thought off, admiring the dress in the mirror. She liked the simplicity of it, already thinking she was overdoing it just by wearing a dress. The girl made sure not to wear heels, and instead, stuck with Air Force's.

• • •

          It didn't take long for Jesse to get ready. She had three friends helping her, and only wore simple makeup. Lexi has straightened her hair while Maddie did the makeup. Lily just sat there, entertaining her with jokes, something that annoyed Maddie because whenever Jesse would laugh, she would mess up on the girl's makeup.

          The group of kids who would be attending also decided to do White Elephant. Jesse had chosen to buy a toilet game. Basically, it was a basketball hoop that was placed on the door, and whoever was on the toilet could shoot hoops while taking a poop.